YaY :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My only addition to what I said before is to NOT bathe your cat. They are fastidious creatures and more than capable of washing themselves and staying clean.

Cats are truly low maintenance, they will train you. Just put out food and a clean litter box and then just be patient. You and your kitty will get to know each other without forcing the issue.

Watch these videos for ideas about what to expect. Start with Cat man do. Its a classic.
Haha, good videos, And thank you for the laugh Alix.
I've never had the TV dinner happen to me but the rest of the videos I have had to me at x-girlfriends house.

What Alix said.
THose videos are fact not fiction.
and the cat WILL train you, oh yes oh yes.
I hope so Grillinfool, That guy that did the videos should do more, I really liked them!

About bathing your cat.. after I wrote everything I realized that it was an adult cat. When I got my cats at 4 months, they had flea dirt all over them.. it was pretty bad.. they were too young to clean themselves as well as we wanted them to. Unless the cat is used to being bathed, I wouldn't recommend it :) Sometimes if theres a spot, just take a damp cloth and try and get at it. Other than that.. pushing the cat towards any body of water is a no-no if you want to keep your face! lol

Flea dirt? Do fleas leave dirt or were they dirty and got fleas? We don't have fleas here so I'm interested in learning something new.

LOL!!! If you pull back a cat's hair and look at their skin, the flea residue is left clinging to the skin and bottoms of the hairs. It's poop, and dead fleas. Nom Nom Nom! My poor kittens were absolutely covered in fleas when they were picked up off the street by the humane society.

BTW, how is it going with the cat? Have you picked him up yet?
There is a hold up at my complex, The rules states that the cat MUST be de clawed before I can get him, and hes still being held at the pound. So right now it doesn't look like I will be taking him home, and he even recononizsed me at the pound on the third day we went there.

I'm so peed off at the Land lord right I'm looking for another apartment complex.

What kind of BS rule is that??!! Is it in writing?
In that case, why don't they just impose a no pet rule?
They do not want cats clawing up the carpet or walls or doors or anything else. Imposing a no pet rule would exclude other pets that would not do things like that.

They do not want cats clawing up the carpet or walls or doors or anything else. Imposing a no pet rule would exclude other pets that would not do things like that.
I understand that and I agree it's not fair to other pets. Well, in that case they should ban all cats from the complex.
Or maybe perhaps they should impose higher security deposits for cat owners.

Or maybe perhaps they should impose higher security deposits for cat owners.
I think this would be an ideal solution.

When I got one of my cats I was living in an apartment that had a rule (I don't recall the actual rule) about pets that would not work for me. I talked with the property manager and he allowed me to have my clawed cat even though the rule said otherwise. It may be worth talking to your property manager CC.

That is horrible! For someone to think about mutilating an animal before any other solution!

I agree with GB - it might be worth going to the property manager.

If it were me, I'd stick horrifying pictures of declaw procedures under his door.

But that's me. And this makes me angry.

I think people need to keep in mind that unless you are a cat lover and have had a cat then chances are you do not know what is involved with declawing and how horrible it really is. Just because someone suggests it does not mean they are mean evil people. They may just not know any better. People need to be educated in a kind way IMO.

Thanks gang, I'm really pissed at my apartment complex, And you want to know a kicker?

Well On top of the rulesd I have to pay $300, or 410 a month until the fee is completely paid off for the pet association fee.

Isn't that stupid as heck?

Sorry I haven't had any time for the replies but I'm always studying.

Are you getting the cat declawed Chile? :(
The land lord will not let me get the cat unless he is declawed, and I don't have $200 to get the cat declawed, Neither does my folks.

So answering your question, No I didn't get him :(

But we're looking for a different apartment for me that doesn't have a lot of rules.

I'm sorry that you didn't get him, Chili. Although I am happy that he will not be declawed. I hope that you find a pet friendly apartment complex! Maybe your little guy will still be waiting for you when you do. If not, then it was not meant to be, and you will find another lucky kitty to bring into your home.

Back
Top Bottom