Yet another Top10...Your Dream Feast...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
Okay... suppose that you are granted for an evening of FEAST OF YOUR DREAMS.... you can select any 10 items you like, cost, health or weight gain are not the issue (someone--who cares who--would pay for everything, your artery will remain unclogged and you won't gain a gram no matter what you gobble down...), any irrelevant combinations are accepted, and if you want you can choose 10 desserts as well...

What will be your ideal menu??:rolleyes:

This may take some hard pondering though... my results are...(it may change depending on my mood....)

-ravioli stuffed with porcini mushrooms with sour cream sauce
-grilled jumbo prawns with garlic butter
-Bucattini amatriciana
-risotto with truffle mushrooms
-white pizza with zucchini flowers and smoked scamorza
-Coquille St. Jacques
-Mesquite grilled chicken fajitas with mound of guacamole
-Wild Berries macedonia with mound of whipped cream
-Cassata Siciliana
-Tiramisu
-Huge bowl of assorted ice creams

(some items may not be particularly special, but heck I like them!!)

Mmm, now I am decidedly hungry...:-p

steak
ribs
pork chops
lot of potatoes
corn
manicotti
potato soup
cheesecake
ice cream
apple dumplings

and plenty of milk to wash it all down

Root Beer
Steak
Onion Rings
Broccoli
Spicy potato wedges
Choclate Pie

Lobster
Prawns
Steak
Brie
Jacket potatoes with tonnes of sour cream and chives
Caesar salad
smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese
Pavlova with strawberries and passionfruit
Creme caramel
Potato and leek soup
It could change on a daily basis but that's todays list!! pretty good considering i feel sick and can't eat any breakfast!!

homemade vanilla bean ice cream
homemade warm chocolate pudding
baked potato with lots of bacon, butter and salt
roasted leg of lamb with a side of roasted potatoes
Apple pie with more of the vanilla ice cream
fresh made warm French bread, no butter or anything just tear it off the loaf.
2 pieces of my dads French toast
three gyros from a small side walk cafe in Greece, extra onions and tomatoes please
deep fried squid with a tomato based dipping sauce
and an steamed artichoke with both mayo and melted butter for dipping.

OK, I"m hungry! STARVING!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Fresh Bluefin Toro - Sashimi style or as sushi
Foie Gras - Pan Seared
Kobe Beef - Grilled Rare
Fresh Diver Scallops - Pan Seared to Medium Rare
Fresh Kumamoto Oysters - Raw with a Mignonette
Rack of Colorado Lamb - Grilled to Medium Rare
Steamed Alaskan King Crab
Spiny Lobster Tail - Butter Poached
Slipper Lobster Tail - Butter Poached
Various Caviar (Beluga, Sevruga, Osetra)

pdswife said:
homemade vanilla bean ice cream
homemade warm chocolate pudding
baked potato with lots of bacon, butter and salt
roasted leg of lamb with a side of roasted potatoes
Apple pie with more of the vanilla ice cream
fresh made warm French bread, no butter or anything just tear it off the loaf.
2 pieces of my dads French toast
three gyros from a small side walk cafe in Greece, extra onions and tomatoes please
deep fried squid with a tomato based dipping sauce
and an steamed artichoke with both mayo and melted butter for dipping.

OK, I"m hungry! STARVING!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

OMG I love that thing too!! OH and I forgot buttery flaky croissants!! How am I gonna squeeze those in??
39.gif
eheheh...It is kinda funny, when you think about it... you would start racking your brain to a torture level on things like this that doesn't matter at all in reality...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

-my new favorite- caviar and cream cheese on water crackers
-my new second favorite- angelhair w/ truffle oil, parmesan, seasalt, finely-ground black pepper and a sprinkling of parsley.... but i would love to try it with truffle shavings. haven't tried a truffle yet.
-a nice, thick ribeye, seasoned and a lovely medium rare, just as is, or maybe with a little worcestershire.
-lightly steamed green beans with hollandaise
-godiva chocolate washed down with strong black coffee. (don't consume either of those, but i love 'em.)
-lamb rib chops with garlic, salt, black pepper, ground sage and gorgonzola
-crab in most any form. i love crab.
-sour gummy candy with a side of ginger ale
-Italian meats and an assortment of cheeses paired with a nice, dry red
-cheeseburgers and beer

Last edited:
- Carpaccio from the beef
- Bruschetta with tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Noodle soup.. I would starve for a good noodle soup..:wub:
- Ravioli with Ricotta-spinach filling in a tomato-basil-sauce.. we had this at our wedding and I would die for it... that reminds me that we wanted to go to the restaurant again and have more of this.. :chef:
- baked potatoes with sour cream
- rumpsteak medium with herb butter (?)
- panna cotta
- a strong espresso and a bed.. :mrgreen:

i love carpaccio, cara! i forgot about that one.

ruth's chris makes my favorite. it's awesome.

1. Start with "CANTEENS" or "MAIDRITES" they just melt with flavor in your mouth. You Never Knew Hamburger could taste Soooooo Good, When you Get a Chance get it all the Way !:chef:

2. Chocolate Rice with Walnuts, My mother made this as when she was alive, I only have one more Sister that might have the Recipe, I hope she does, This Truly is the Closest to Heaven we will know on earth ! :chef:

3. SauerKraut and Bratwurst or Ring Bologna, This my Friends will put Hair on your Chest ... Really Good. add some Cottage Cheese not we are Talking !

4. T-Bone Steak from Keiths, He butchers his own meat, so its all so fresh, The Steak is 2 inches or about 5 cm thick X 12 inches or 30 1/2 cm long X 6 or 15 1/4 cm wide this steak "ROCKS" add a Chefs Salad and a Huge Baked Potato which you can never finish and there is never room for that Home made pie or Cake, I think he does it on purpose so he can take those home, My Taste Buds are going now !

5. Home Made Veggie Soups, What more says "Welcome Home" ?

6. Dutch Letters Yummmmmmmmmmm well pastries here I could go on all day !!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you eat one of these then you know what yummy really is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chef:

7. Done Right HOME MADE PIZZA PIE........ The Kind you smell 3 blocks away and Float the Last block home, Need I say more ?

8. Calabash Shrimp, from Calabash North Carolina, Forest Gump couldn't do better himself, I just might move there. Small Town BIG SHRIMP !:chef:

9. Beef Goulash with Kidney Beans if you have never had this WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? IT TO COOK ITSELF, NOT HAPPENING ! Get Up Off You OPPSSS And GET BUSY, you will be Glad you did !:chef: :cool:

10. Thanksgiving Dinner with all the Trimmings, Not Last by any means, I can see it now, Perfect Bird, Salads more than I knew there were, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Black or Green Olives,Cranberry Sauce, Corn,Greenbeans,Carrots,Celery,Stuffing,Jello, Pumpkin Pie, Cool whip. Ok, Ok I Grew Up in a Great House in Iowa can I help That ?

Here is what I learned, It doesn't matter what you eat or where you live, WHAT DOES MATTER is the "PEOPLE" you sit down and eat with. I Love EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOD but it is the PEOPLE I eat with that make ME remember the MEAL ! I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL FOR WHO YOU ARE ! We can't change our past , BUT we Can CHange OUR FUTURE , Treat everyone like you would like to be Treated ! and have a "MONSTER MAIDRITE DAY " :cool:

Last edited:
This would be today's choice

1. lobster tail with lots of lemon and butter
2. tuna tar tar-dressed up
3. Meat fondue with every dipping sauce out there
4. crab and cheese dip
5. beef tenderloin
6. vaidalia onion casserole
7. corn suffle
8. stuffing
9. angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream
10. Pound cake and custard