Your Christmas day??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:):)Let us forget about yesterday..it sucked! lol. I was in a rotten mood!!!

Today however, was perfect! Paul and I got up and had coffee and eggnog bread for breakfast, watched tv..talked and just slowly started our day. It was nice. Opened gifts... Paul as always spoiled the you know what out of me!!! I got more than I needed/wanted or deserved. The best part was an Amazon Kindle. What fun! Now I have a Zune for music and Kindle for books! I'm becoming so TECHINFIDE..is that a word??

We were still opening things when poof..the power went out! Oh well...we have the generator... so Paulie hooked it up and we were set to go.

Decided to take a walk... we went out into the woods and walked for about an hour. It was like we were on vacation in a far away place. So, beautiful and so different than we are used to around here. The snow was falling the whole time we were out but it wasn't really too cold. We followed deer tracks but didn't see any deer. We did see some of our neighbors though..the poor people had just hit a huge tree with their van. No one was hurt but.. they were having a hard time moving the car away from the tree... lots of people were trying to help. Then we went to the other neighbors and visited with them for awhile. Home again...power was back on!! Spent the rest of the day reading and watching tv and just relaxing together.

Paul's sad puter blew a fuse or something when the power came back on so we'll need to go to the parts store ( if we can ever ever leave the house again....)

I'll make dinner soon !

I've talked to David and Shannon and they are warm safe and happy together at their place. I was sad that we couldn't get together yesterday but... we'll see them next week and that's cool.

Hope you all had a wonderful happy love filled day!

smiles, Trish:):cool:;):):cool:

after having a group of family for christmas eve, i overslept this am. woke at nine am and was supposed to be ready to leave with my son . we all were going to my grandsons house for gifts and brunch. boy!did i fly getting ready. had a couple presents to put in holiday bag. but i made it, do hate to start a day like that.

we had a lovely morning with everyone. i bought my great granddaughter a tricycle for her gift. she loved it and i am pleased. all in all a happy holiday, good food and family. does it get any better than this? i don't think so,.

Opened gifts then we went to his grandfather's house for brunch. Then we came home and vegged infront of the t.v. then made Christmas dinner.

I went to a Hannukkah program with my mom where Cantor Gary Gelender sang all kinds of songs including Hannukkah songs and then, we lit the channukkiah. We sang along and had a good time!

I will focus on the good because there is alot of trouble in the family right now. My siblings are having hard times and within my close extened family there are some tough hurdles but my the warmth and love of my family for eachother really triumphed today and yesterday.. While the holidays can be stressful I am incedibly grateful today to have a family that really deeply care for one another. The last couple of days really showed evidenced this. When life throws curveballs it is nice to know that you have a true home were you are accepted and loved. The unspoken was the most important this holiday season... everyone was hurting for one reason or another and yet we were together and enjoyed each others company. I particularly thank my parents and their spouses for working very hard to create warm and gracious environments in thier homes. We all know we have somewhere to go where we will be comfortable, loved and accepted and this is the greatest gift possible.

Christmas Eve is our big deal, it was utter chaos here..but what fun for the little ones, Ethan and Cade thrilled over their transformers, puzzles, rock polishers, blending pens, you name it they got it..Carson went wild over his very own ninetendo ds at last his brother gets his back:LOL: Olivia, loved her new outfit and shoes,jammies and slippers, and her 3 story doll house with moving elevator and whole family and furniture her barbie and pony, her doggie that she can walk..needless to say the adults were just as noisy and having fun as the kids..Today it was just DH and me..we relaxed before the fire then later went out to a special dinner he had arranged ahead of time..All in all I had a wonderful time, enjoyed my family and am now ready to call it a day:)

kades

That sounds really nice cj!

I guess the best part of my Christmas was sitting in bed this afternoon, watching "Lost in Space" with James. Not because of the show, but just for the quiet time together. I also got to talk to my cousin Sandy on the phone this evening, and later I will talk with Nancy and Steve, Andrew, Hannah, my dad, and my sister.

:)Barbara

We went to my sister's , her son and his wife came up from Virginia so it was good seeing them as well as my other nephew and niece.

Thanks to everyone who shared their holiday with the rest of us...I hope everyone ended the day with a feeling of joy and fulfillment. I've had a bad cold (yes, even in Mexico, people get el grippe), so we curtailed some of our activities. DC friend Laury shared brunch with us, then we had dinner later with leftover ham and homemade clam chowder. Lots of cookies and goodies. Nice to have DD here to share Christmas, and I had a nice long talk on the phone with DS in China...he and his wife are in the process of adopting a 2-year-old Chinese boy who has some very special health needs; he has had a liver transplant. Dear hubby bought me a beautiful Talavera platter I have been drooling over and also a wonderful Mayan sculpture. DD got me a beautiful pair of silver earrings with Aztec calendars on them, and a Smithsonian book about the golden age of Broadway/Hollywood musicals. Love it. We had a lovely Christmas and thanks to those who sent Felices Navidades!!

We had a really quiet day. The hard part was the present opening time- presents every where and no idea who had what from who. Sorted it out eventually - I seem to get less and less each year but it's not important. I missd not going to church - we are really rural here and it is 3/4 hr to church for a short service and the same back again. We all pulled together to make the dinner and then vegged out for the rest of the day and my stomach is still uncomfortable from the amount of food. Mind you, I was proud of myself - didn't eat nearly as much as I have done before.

Our Christmas morning started out crazy as usual, X-mas breakfast at 10:00, so my morning actually started at 6:00. Had my side of the family in the am. Then we were suppose to have hubby's brother and his family for dinner, but hubby went to work so we'll do dinner with them this weekend.
Instead of dinner I sat reading a book and watching my 19 and 16 yr old play super nintendo and act like they were 5 again. Boy was that funny.
The only down side is I started getting sick Tues. and I stll feel lousy, but all and all it turned out to be a good day.

Christmas day was great, lots of family and food. My day started about 7:00am getting and ended about 7:00pm a good night sleep was well deserved.

Later

We had a lovely, relaxing day, a nice nap, and wonderful gifting and dinner with my daughter and family last night. I wish y'all could taste her Red Velvet cake!

Christmas Eve: The family all got together and ate.
Christmas morning: The family all got together and ate.
Christmas evening: The family all got together and ate.

I need to find a different family. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom