Your favorite song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Phish song, Harry Hood, that I posted earlier is great, but here is another more accessible song for people who are not into Phish yet. The song cuts off before it finishes, but don't let that stop you from listening. It is still great.

I once saw them perform this song and in the middle of the song there was a power failure. Phish did not miss a beat. They continued to play (or pretend to play) even though no one could hear them. At one point they put down their instruments and congregated at the front of the stage playing air instuments (with no sound anywhere). Eventually they picked up their instruments again and continued to play. Then the power came back on without warning and they were in the middle on a mind melting jam and it was like the power never went off. it was absolutely amazing. Another time at another show they were playing this same song. In the middle of it they all started slowing getting down onto their knees, then backs (the drummer and keyboardist has potable instruments) and in the middle of a crazy loud rocking jam they were on their backs hardly moving a muscle. To anyone who did not know, they would have looked like they were asleep or dead aside from their fingers moving. Then without warning they slowly started to get to their feet while continuing to jam. It was a silly thing, but so much fun at the time.

Phish - Possum - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA 2-14-03
YouTube - Phish - 02.14.03 - Possum

My wife got me interested in this guy. Many of you will know Colin Hay as the lead singer of the 80's band Men At Work. Well he has a solo career which is much different from his band days. If you ever get a chance to see him live do not pass it up. His following is very small so there might only be 20 other people at the show with you, but that is part of the charm. His shows ar 50% music and 50% him telling hilarious true stories about his life, many of them having to do with no one knowing who he is. One guy on an elevator even told him that he was dead once. "no man, I swear, the lead singer of Men At Work died years ago". Here is one of my favorite songs by him.

Colin Hay - Beautiful World
YouTube - Colin Hay - Beautiful World

OK I am having too much fun with this! Here are a few more.

This is a band called Menomena. I do not know much about them other than I LOVE their album Friend and Foe. Here are two songs by them because I could not pick just one. The video for Evil Bee is really cool. This is the first time I have seen it so I am going to watch it a few times and really enjoy it.

Menomena - Evil Bee
YouTube - Evil Bee Menomena

Menomena - Air Aid
YouTube - Menomena - Air Aid

And in case you are wondering where they got the name Menomena...well here it is :)
YouTube - menomena Hmm well for some reason it won't embedd this video, but click on the link and choose the one with the muppets. As soon as you see it you will know what I am talking about.

You have time to cook?

I dont know what you do for a living ,but if it's not music or cooking you are wasteing all of your energy.I know that may be a strange thing to say not knowing anything about you.I can only hope that someday I will find that soul consumeing love that you clearly have with music.cooking is the closest I have come to that.I however know that it will never pay my bills and so I go on.Thank you for your thoughts and time.You have had some great insite and videos to boot.

Music is certainly a passion of mine, as you can tell :LOL: I could never do it for a job though. I actually went to school for recording arts, but it started to take all the fun out of it for me. It is the same with cooking. I LOVE to cook, but if I had to do it for a living I think I would learn to hate it. I am happier just keeping both as hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom