Your Leaves.. You pick em up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I'm probably wrong in this thinking, but I don't have any trees in my front yard. However..... my neighbor has a tree and it dumps all it's leaves in my front lawn. You think he offers to come over and help me clean up after his tree? I'm talking 8 or 9 bags of leaves just from his tree.

Here is my thinking... your tree, your mess, you come clean it up.

Good luck with that sattie. :LOL:

LOL I thought you were talking about me.....:huh::ermm::blush::blush:
My tree in front has been falling and blowing around...but I havent bought a rake yet to clean them! I went to Target to get one but surprisingly they had no garden tools right now! The garden area is filled with Christmas stuff! But I just know my neighbors are starting to tap their fingers....I can just see them in their houses drummin those fingers every chance they get....(paranoid...who me??:ermm:)
Also when I had my lawn guy come this weekend I thought for sure he would just mow them up, wrong again! He kinda just pushed them around and preceeded to tell me he doesn't do leaves (is that kinda like saying "I don't Do Windows!!) but in gardener?? :glare:

In my town, you just rake them into the street. They memmow there and blow around some, after a while, at a secretly appointed time, the borrough comes around with a giand vacuum and sucks them up. bo baga, no picking up, just rake.

This almost the only service the borrough offers. LOL

I believe that onge the leaf departs the tree, it enters the public domain. Once it lands on your lawn, it becomes yours.

AC

We don't have trees in the front yard either. So we get some blow in from the mighty oaks around us...
I just remind myself that it could be MUCH MUCH worse, LOL!

We have curb pile leaf pickup too. Many neighbors not only ignore the law that says leaves must be in the yard not in the street... they put them ENTIRELY in the street. Not a leaf on their property. Which makes our streets .75 lanes wide. Wish I had a superblower in my truck bed I could use to put the leaves back in their yard where the law says to keep them, LOL! (rant over, return to your normal reading, LOL)

does the tree hang over into your property?

you can cut straight up your property line if it does.

Have you spoken to the nieghbor? maybe work something out.

or you can just rack them onto a tarp and drag the leaves back over to his property

We have a few big trees on our property that hang over into our neighbors property and they have trees that hang into ours. This is the first house that I have owned so I did not know how any of this worked. I asked around and the general consensus here is that you only own what is over your property. If a tree branch hangs into your property then it is your responsibility. I would guess that goes for the leaves too.

We don't have trees in the front yard either. So we get some blow in from the mighty oaks around us...
I just remind myself that it could be MUCH MUCH worse, LOL!

LOL YES IT COULD!!!!
You could have THIS to deal with.... twice a year because half the dang leaves don't fall off until after it snows or the new leaves come and bump 'em out. :wacko:
And that's only about 1/3 of the property!!!!
wanna be my neighbor?
:angel:
Free firewood..... you cut it you drag it. Whole trees. TAKE THEM AWAY PLEASE!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 166
Maybe you could invest in a blower and just blow them back into his yard?

OHHHHH I love how you think!!!!! I can see that is gonna go over real well... might win me the most loved neighbor award! I love the idea.... I guess I could do it one day while they are at work. It would be so obvious tho!!!

Devious!!!!:LOL:

LOL YES IT COULD!!!!
You could have THIS to deal with.... twice a year because half the dang leaves don't fall off until after it snows or the new leaves come and bump 'em out. :wacko:
And that's only about 1/3 of the property!!!!
wanna be my neighbor?
:angel:
Free firewood..... you cut it you drag it. Whole trees. TAKE THEM AWAY PLEASE!!!!!

I've got one word for you, Suzie - compost! :ROFLMAO: Here's two more - free labor! That's what children are for! :angel: :-p

That is crazy Suziquzie!!!! My yard is a fraction of that size and I still think I get that many leaves!

We have a few big trees on our property that hang over into our neighbors property and they have trees that hang into ours. This is the first house that I have owned so I did not know how any of this worked. I asked around and the general consensus here is that you only own what is over your property. If a tree branch hangs into your property then it is your responsibility. I would guess that goes for the leaves too.

Here is some info: Massachusetts Law About Neighbors and Trees

I think about 25% of the tree hangs over my property line. But the entire leaf population ends up in my yard for whatever reason. Must be the leaf magnent I have.

Last year, I even went as far as to rake the leaves and push the piles over towards his yard.... and they sat, and sat, and sat... until I picked them up. :huh:

Ok Sattie you're making me think my neighbors HATE me, and they have just as many trees as I do!!!!!

I did not read through the whole thing. I just skimmed it (it was making my head hurt), but what I got out of it was that is was talking about the entire tree, not just the part hanging over another property. My understanding is that if a limb is hanging into my yard then I can cut the part that is in my property off. Is that incorrect?

I did not read through the whole thing. I just skimmed it (it was making my head hurt), but what I got out of it was that is was talking about the entire tree, not just the part hanging over another property. My understanding is that if a limb is hanging into my yard then I can cut the part that is in my property off. Is that incorrect?

Made your head hurt? Imagine if you had to read the original law book! ;)

Macero v. Busconi Corp., Civil No. 99-03577E (Middlesex Super.Ct.), 12 Mass. L. Rep. 521 (2000). "Massachusetts law recognizes a right of self-help by which a property owner can cut the limbs or branches of a tree that invade his property as long as such cutting is done at the property line. A neighbor has the right to remove so much of the tree as overhangs his property..... The remedy is open to any party whose property is invaded by intruding boughs and roots."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom