Your saturday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
today i'm kinda drowsy. guys were buying yesterday & i was 'a-drinkin. probably gonna cook a pork tenderloin, choose menu items, log my food to give to my dietician, discusscooking, maybe read, etcetera.
you?

Already walked the mutt, walked down to grocery store, walked back. Getting ready to work out, then going to chill and drink some Scotch I bought today! Tomorrow is far more exciting as I'm making a chocolate cake from scratch! First time since Ive moved here... mmmm....cake....

It's dreary and rainy here...great day for a nap. Of course, every day is a good day for a nap as far as I'm concerned. Retirement is great.

Rainy here too, mostly Drizzle.

I had a Parcel arrive this morning though, with some Very special Ingredient in it :)
and so I`ve been experimenting, my Butcher thinks I`m crazy now as a result too :)

I can just add him to the list of 100`s of others...

What was that special ingredient? Stretch exercise, breakfast, vacuum,laundry, listening to IL DIVO, thinking....whats for dinner?
Now on DC Forum.

Retirement is great Constance !! Doing not much of anything today, on DC, watching travel channel, not cooking, (getting Chinese takeout) and having a few beers before dinner !!

Cleaned stalls this morning, came into work, checked out DC online, sell some grills,spices, and sauce, drive home, feed the horses, get cleaned up and go out for my husbands birthday dinner (ummy, seafood!!)

woikin' 7a to 3p, then going to the continental arena on the way home to buy tockets for the circus in a coupla weeks, then off to sears to buy a new heater for the birds room, then i have to stop at my storage unit to pick up my skiing stuff.

i hope we go tomorrow. my first day on skiis in 3 1/2 years!!!

CSalt yeah :)
the stuff is Fantastic! and yeah I know, we can`t get it here in the UK :(
if you want to PM me, I have a bottle here that I could send you, I`m sure the Lady that sent me Mine wouldn`t mind me passing a bottle on to a fellow UKer? :)

YT2095 said:
CSalt yeah :)
the stuff is Fantastic! and yeah I know, we can`t get it here in the UK :(
if you want to PM me, I have a bottle here that I could send you, I`m sure the Lady that sent me Mine wouldn`t mind me passing a bottle on to a fellow UKer? :)
I have had a bottle for years, very seldom use it. How do you use it ?

today is in Burgers and also a Jerky experiment, I also wish to try with "smoked" cheeses (making my own) and also added to Salt and allow to dry, then add to frenchfries that have been oven cooked on medium/low until dry to make Hicory Sticks like a I remember as a Kid in Canada, I loved those!

and I`m only Just Starting to have these ideas, and it`s not even been here 12 hours yet :))

Windy here 60mph, sand is blowing, but everything else is great. Retirement is really great. Everyday is Saturday.

later

YT2095 said:
today is in Burgers and also a Jerky experiment, I also wish to try with "smoked" cheeses (making my own) and also added to Salt and allow to dry, then add to frenchfries that have been oven cooked on medium/low until dry to make Hicory Sticks like a I remember as a Kid in Canada, I loved those!

and I`m only Just Starting to have these ideas, and it`s not even been here 12 hours yet :))
YT,
try using it it in a grilling sauce..We do that in summer mostley and it is great. I also add a little to baked beans...

kadesma:)

eww yeah Baked beans has Gotta Rock!

as for BBQ, it`s a little outa season here, the temp maybe ok but the Rain....

have 78,24 kazillion Karma points for thr Baked bean idea tho! :))

Wind, lightning, thunder, lots of rain here today. I'm glad we live on a hill. Otherwise, our yard would be flooded like some of my neighbors. The kind of day that makes me want to go back to bed.

Instead, I've got some pinto beans cooking for refried beans for tonight's dinner. The rest of the afternoon I'll be working on name/address/emails for my high school reunion that's going to be later this year. Sadly, 5 of my classmates have died and some of my other classmates are widowed. Scary.

The list is a jumble and has lots of "holes" in it. I've got my work cut out for me. A good thing to do on a gloomy day.

Back
Top Bottom