Your user name..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
evenstranger said:
When I first created my net handle, I was young and looking for something quirky and mysterious... Stranger, DarkStranger, EvilStranger, etc were all taken. And considering I have an offbeat sense of humor, I settled on EvenStranger, as while everyone is a bit strange, I'm even stranger than most.

Love your avatar. Looks like I do some mornings.:ROFLMAO:

In the 1920's a fiddle player from Georgia named Gideon Tanner formed a string band, the equivalent in it's day of a garage band. It consisted of Gid and a blind guitar playing buddy of his named Riley Puckett, along with various banjo and other stringed instrument players. This portrait of Gid and Riley is my avatar on another site some of you are familiar with.
img_449936_0_39c713cbaae26c6a23ce816d1b8b374f.jpg

Nowadays it is hard to find much of the music of Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers except for some of their comedy and novelty routines, but in their day, they were the hot musicians of the south, and influenced folks like Robert Johnson, Jimmie Rodgers and even the Carter Family.

Anyway . . . that's where skilletlicker comes from.

Last edited:
My name comes from my beautiful,gorgous, Alaskan Malamute dog, she was named after the Native Americans "spirit", called "The Spirit of the White Wolf",
I collect all the Native American items and Plates that are painted through
Franklin Mint, and when I got her, she just looked like a Spirit running across my lawn, esp. at night, so I just cut the name down to "SpiritWolf"
Unfortuneately she is no longer with me, but her name and her spirit lives on with us forever, I now have 2 new Huskeys, named "Kyzah" and "Talah".
"Spiritwolf" was a wolf grey colour, just like a real wolf, all the kids in our neighbourhood thought she was a real wolf, she was to me, my whole family loved her and we miss her so much. So she will always live on through my name, I use it everywhere.

That was a beautiful tribute to your doggie, SpiritWolf. We can say the same thing about our Irish setter/golden retriever mix, Justin, we had. He was our touchstone and is sadly missed. We use his nickname, Justindigger, on other forums, etc. They still live on......

mine is the furthest thing i coud come up from a user name i have
on a few other places ...
its a fresh start .. if you will ..

Andy M.

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.).

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg....

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

Andy M. said:
My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.).

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg....

Andy...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy M. said:

I completely bought it!:LOL:

The very first time I ever cooked a sit-down dinner for a crowd was the first Thanksgiving after my husband and I got married a zillion years ago. All his family and mine were there, maybe 22 people. When my F-I-L arrived, I was a blur just carrying out dish after dish after dish to the buffet. I paused long enough to say hi and give him a hug and as I peeled away to fetch the turkey he said, "Dang, look at this foodstorm!" Somehow, he ended up calling ME that, but not all the time, only when I'm in or near a kitchen. :chef:

Mine is from our fixer-upper farm's name - "Breezy Meadow Farm". There always seems to be a breeze (or wind) here, & I thought that was more picturesque than my husband's idea: "Hurricane Hill".

Being of Norwegian heritage, my favorite memory as a little girl…watching my grand parents in their kitchen while they easily manipulated the stove/oven with all their cooking prowess. Instead of playing with the other kids, I sat there on that little tiny stool, mesmerized with them and their ability. My favorite food was a Norwegian bread type thingie, called Lefse. I now make it myself, not often enough as start through fruition takes several hours and the steps are many and arduous. But when I do make it, my heart sings, then my mouth does…​

Toots is the nickname that my husband & I have for each other. I'm Toots and so is he....

Back
Top Bottom