YUCK! Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, for all you snow lovers out there. Here is what I woke up to this morning. Guess winter is here for good now. I was sort of hoping it would hold off until after Halloween.

wow! you lucky dog! if you don`t want it, feel free to send it in this Direction! :))))
I love the Snow (probably the result of spending most of my formative years in Canada).
Gimme Gimme Gimme!

It looks beautiful from here. :)

We're going into the 70s this afternoon...I may wear a sweater. :ROFLMAO:

I was just griping that it is getting a little too chilly for shorts today...

I would like an experience of white christmas which I have never had, but white halloween, umm....

If you want the snow, come on up. Oh, and bring your shovels, snow tires and some road salt too please. The temp is going to hover around 0 (30F) today so that means it will be really fantastic driving conditions.

LMAO at those of you wanting the snow, methinks after 6 months of it you might change your mind! I'm not really that upset with it. Just sort of sad that winter is here already. Fall was really lovely this year and I was enjoying it.

I love winter. I love to be freezing cold. I detest anything over 65 degrees. I don't care for the beach. I like pine trees. What the heck am I doing in SoCal??

Lucky you, never seen snow. Our pre-monsoon Northerly winds started yesterday and the temp. jumped up to 32C as quick as a flash, air conditioning time for us now.

jkath said:
I love winter. I love to be freezing cold. I detest anything over 65 degrees. I don't care for the beach. I like pine trees. What the heck am I doing in SoCal??

Darn fine question. I'm not sure I believe you though since your vacation of choice is VEGAS!! If there is anywhere hotter than SoCal, its Vegas. Silly girl. You want snow and pine trees come for a visit. See that lovely one in my front yard? There's even a couple of bird feeders and a bird house for you to watch. And no cranky old ladies. Oh, and no rats. We don't have rats in Alberta.

You can have Alberta, Ontario, anyplace that has snowy winters....I'm getting too old for this c..p!!! ROFL.....just wet and windy and cold here in Toronto today, but as long as I can still see the green grass I'm not too bad.....guess I should have put this post in the "vent" file....lol

jkath said:

How funny! One man's ceiling is really another man's floor, isn't it? Other than the pine trees, which I like too, and the 'SoCal', you could switch that whole post around to suit me very easily...watch!

I hate winter. I hate
to be freezing cold. I detest anything under 65 degrees. I like the beach. I like pine trees. What the heck am I doing in Chicagoland? :)

BC

jkath said:

:LOL: I was thinking the same thing!

We learned long ago to build costumes that go over snowsuits. LOL!! Madeleine is a bag of jelly beans this year so she's OK. Not sure what Kate is going as though. Hope she picks something warm!

oh man, i'm jealous alix. i love snow. i'm not the norm around here tho.

did you know people from new jersey have 17 different 4 letter words for snow?

buckytom said:
did you know people from new jersey have 17 different 4 letter words for snow?

I bet I know a few of those. Ken knows a few that he mutters whilst shovelling.

The stuff we are getting right now is perfect snowball/snowman snow though. I suspect that pristine expanse will soon be crisscrossed with footprints and there will be big bare patches.

Thanks for the picture, Alix. I sure miss snow. We haven't gotten much here the last several years and, when I see pictures such as yours, I get homesick for Minnesota. Loved it there. All sorts of fun things to do in and with the snow.

It wasn't unusual for the children to go trick-or-treating in the snow. I guess if someone dressed up as a ghost up there, their costume could be considered camouflage.:LOL:

I think snow should be mandatory for Christmas.

Alix,
the snow is beautiful......from here in front of my computer, hot tea in hand, two pair of socks, a sweater and slippers:LOL: Anything under 70 and I freeze! The odd thing is winter and snow, rain, fog, I enjoy as long as I'm NOT out in it.:) Well back to my warm kitchen and my sauce for enchilladas.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom