Yucky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookie69

Assistant Cook
Good Sunday Afternoon , just wanted to ask what is the most horrible meal you ever made ? I made a few but the worst was homemade gnocchi , I thought oh look at me I am going to try this homemade dish the kids and hubby will be so impressed .....not !!!!! It was abig mess it turned out to be a big pile of dough in boiling water it did not stick together . I was so discouraged nearly cried , Ended up eating toasts and cereal for supper that night , family was not impressed .:(

Kidneys. I had cooked kidneys twice before and we enjoyed it. I guess I didn't rinse or soak them long enough the last time, because the kitchen/dining room smelled strongly of pee. No, we didn't eat it.

I had discovered that milk weed buds are yummy. We had been eating a lot of them because we had plenty of milkweed and we were broke. Then I thought I would get fancy and put a cheese sauce. It might have been okay, but the smell and appearance were enough that I wouldn't try it.

Meatloaf.
My family is still traumatized over it.
I can't get my husbands comment "Steamed dog food.Can it!" out of my mind:ermm:

DH got a brisket as a gift from one of his work clients. We got one the year before, and it was excellent.

This brisket was nowhere near excellent, nor anywhere near edible. The inlaws were visiting, and I cooked it according to package directions. We all tried to choke some down, then I just said this is horrid, scooped it up and threw it away.

It was a melon dish made with some kind of hard cheese, ricotta salata I think. It was just nasty. It was from one of the Food Network chefs that we have always liked and had success with his recipes.

There have also been a couple of winging it, totally made up, off the cuff dishes, helped along in the process by a beer or 2 or 3, that someone made up in their head as they went along that have gotten thrown out and not eaten by either one of us over the years. But they are long forgotten and never to be discussed again. :rolleyes: There have also been some pretty good dishes made up that way too.

Don't give up on gnocchi cookie69. There's a few threads on here that can give you some pointers, 1 fairly recently when Master Chef had an episode this season with gnocchi being made. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/i-want-to-try-making-gnocchi-93470.html

Back
Top Bottom