Yucky food thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sardines.

I've never had fish tacos, but when I went out with my girlfriends from HS while I was in MN, one ordered walleye tacos...to die for. I ordered bourbon wings because I don't make wings at home--but I was sorry I didn't order the walleye tacos. She was nice enough to let me sample <g>. The walleye was deep fried, the sauce was a "not quite mild" salsa verde, and the toppings were lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese (that Mexican cheese of which I can never remember the name). Soft flour taco shells. I've got some walleye in the freezer and I'm planning fish tacos soon.

A-1 Steak Sauce just a nasty way to ruin a good steak
Lima Beans
Sardines
Anchovies

:sick::sick::sick::sick: :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Last edited:
Every time I've said I don't like brussel sprouts someone tells me what to do so I'll like them. It's just not important to me to make the effort. :LOL:
There are really few things on the average Western table I wouldn't try, or don't like. I even like tripe if it's prepared well.

All of the truly weird and nasty stuff mentioned by CWS on post #11 are without a doubt out of the question. In addition to those things, I would add
dogs, cats, horses, rodents, mammal sea animals , primates, reptiles, elephant and a host of other things.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Barbara L"

The two I don't understand why anyone would eat them are caviar and escargot. They even had to give them fancy names because who would want to eat fish eggs and snails if not tricked into it?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:[/QUOTE]

LOVE them both. Good caviar does not taste fishy, and escargot in garlic butter...mmmmmmm. Like really chewy mushrooms.

Last edited:
Grandpa's blood sausage. Great grandma's head cheese made from a real pig's head (nightmares). Menudo (made with tripe). And Brussels sprouts no matter how they are prepared.

Last edited:
Grandpa's blood sausage. Great grandma's head cheese made from a real pig's head (nightmares). Menudo (made with tripe). And Brussels sprouts no matter how they are prepared.
One day I'll tell you about my run in with head cheese, As for blood sausage, turn me loose every Feb and I'll eat those babies til I can't eat another bite. Love em.
kades

With the exception of fish tacos (which I found terribly bland) I like all the foods mentioned so far.

The two I don't understand why anyone would eat them are caviar and escargot. They even had to give them fancy names because who would want to eat fish eggs and snails if not tricked into it?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Shame on you Barb. I love both of them, especially the snails, don't look at them as garden pigs look at them as lettuce eaters:LOL: I know they look dirty but after they run barefoot through the ceansing lettuce they are pristine. YUM with butter and garlic. Caviar, is rather fishy but oh so good atop deviled eggs. OK you made me hungry
kadesi:ROFLMAO:

kadesma said:
One day I'll tell you about my run in with head cheese, As for blood sausage, turn me loose every Feb and I'll eat those babies til I can't eat another bite. Love em.
kades

Cringe. Memories of an intact severed sow's head sitting on butcher paper on the kitchen table. Shudder. Which GG boiled.

Tell about your run in, Kadesma!

I cannot stand beef liver, chicken livers or chicken gizzards. Beef liver literally makes me gag. One day my mom was cooking it making a liver and onions dish. It smelled sooo good! I was excited to try it. First bite and gag.

Cringe. Memories of an intact severed sow's head sitting on butcher paper on the kitchen table. Shudder. Which GG boiled.

Tell about your run in, Kadesma!
As a kid I loved head cheese ate it every time I could. One day I came home from school went to the refrigerator to get a glass of lemonade, opened the door and there staring at me was one big hogs head eyes and all intact. I bet my screams can still be heard echoing over the years. I've never eaten that yuk again. Same with the bear paw someone gave gramps to cook for us.YUKITY YUK YUK:LOL: And as for my grandmother who tried to serve me my pet rabbit, lord love her that was hard to forgive or eat. I didn't it was hard going to bed before dark and with growling tummy
kades

Nasty food to me is venison(deer meat) Everyone always says you have to try it my way. As far as I am concerned there is no good way to eat it.

Mushrooms!!!!!

They look horrible. Can't stand how slimy they are. Gummy little things. Reminds me every time I see them of the little slugs the slimy ones that hide under a rock. Grosses me out. I can't handle even looking at food pics that have them in it. :ohmy:
I have issues with them. Excuse me while I work it out..:D

Munky.

PattY1 said:
:What he said::rolleyes:

Deer sausage is delish, venison any other way: yuck.

Mmmmmmushrooms! And snails, and good caviar!

Last edited:
With the exception of fish tacos (which I found terribly bland) I like all the foods mentioned so far.

The two I don't understand why anyone would eat them are caviar and escargot. They even had to give them fancy names because who would want to eat fish eggs and snails if not tricked into it?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I grew up eating fried cod eggs. They aren't bad. I suspect they could be quite yummy. I like nice, pink, salmon "caviar". I don't think I have had the really good stuff, but I would like to try it. The less good stuff is yummy. Sour cream or crème fraiche go well with caviar.

As to escargot, I find them bland and rubbery. The sauce is excellent. It would go well with mushrooms and they would fit nicely in those special bowl/plate things they use to serve escargot. Now, sea snails, that's a whole 'nother story. Lots of yummy flavour and not usually as rubbery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom