A Link To A Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Mamma has suggested I post my crockpot roast beef recipe for Mordent. But I got this from the Internet.

It isn't my own recipe but it is so very good!

How do I post this? I don't want to be accused of plagiarism, for this isn't my recipe. It just looked very easy and it is!

What do I do? How should I post this? Should I just provide the link to it and tell everyone this is not mine?

With love,
~Cat

Cat, it's OK to post a link. You can also put the recipe in your own words, with your own modifications and suggestions. Nice of you to be so conscientious and helpful!

Last edited:
Cat, it's OK to post a link. You can also put the recipe in your own words, with your own modifications and suggestions. Nice of you to be so conscientious and helpful!

Thank you so much! This recipe is so very simple! But I want this to be known: I would never have thought of this. I saw this and I thought, "This is too easy. I must try this."

I'm very aware of plagiarism; I am a journalism student. I must give the credit where the credit is due.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, CatPat. DC is pretty careful about that too.

I'm looking forward to checking out this link. I must have been very tasty.

Cat, FYI. Ingredient lists can't be copyrighted but word for word instructions can be, although may not be.

If you don't want to post the link, just write out the instructions in your own words and you're good to go.

When it comes to these laws, I have to smile when I think of Andy's profound signature.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan

Thank you all so much! And do please try this roast beef.

I promise it's wonderful!

With love,
~Cat

Sure, I'd love to try this, CatPat, but the link you mentioned wasn't there. If you need help posting it, just ask.

It's in the slow cooker thread, not in this one.

Looks fab, Cat! Thanks for posting!

It's in the slow cooker thread, not in this one.

Looks fab, Cat! Thanks for posting!

Oh, thanks, Dawg. I'll look there. I do have a crock pot, but I don't like it. I've found I can slow cook on the stove just as easily, so I'm headed there now.

Last edited:
Oops, my search was too confusing. Could one of you provide a link to CatPat's recipe? Please? Thanks.

Thanks, KL.

For those of us who'd rather not worry about finding that packet, here's a 5 star alternate:

3 Cups water
4 tsp. beef bullion or 4 cubes
1 tsp. soy sauce (I prefer lite soy)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
S & P

I have a cranky DA, two cats, a dog, homework, classes, shopping, cooking, practicing piano and guitar...

This is why someone invented the crockpot!

Thank you for the additional help, Zhizara.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom