Am I Rude?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPat

Washing Up
I was fussed at in another place because I sign my posts. I didn't know this was rude!

Is this better? Have I offended anyone here?

It is not rude though we do have a rule that requires signatures to utilize the the signature function and not be the same, repetitive text added to posts.

It is not rude though we do have a rule that requires signatures to utilize the the signature function and not be the same, repetitive text added to posts.

Oh I see. My signature is always the same. I understand. I won't do this again, and I apologize.

Oh I see. My signature is always the same. I understand. I won't do this again, and I apologize.

Cat, I think you misunderstood. You don't have to change your signature periodically. Some people put signature text in the signature function, and then also put it at the end of each post, so it's duplicated. That's what Frank was referring to. You're fine :)

Rude? I have seen a lot of ruder words pass on this forum than your signature. Continue the way you were Cat. You have been doing just fine. Evidently someone doesn't get enough love in their life and does't want anyone else to have any. "With love, Cat" is just fine with me. :angel:

Last edited:
I think that person was rude to tell you that!

I don't know why the world has become less polite. The ending line to all written letters, when I was a child was: Sincerely;

Now, almost no one closes a letter, or email to anyone else with anything other than their name.

Myself, I am sincere in my posts, letters, and emails. The only reason I put - "Seeeeeeeya" as my closing reference is that I have seen that others find "Sincerely:" as outdated, and too formal.

Cat, I find you refreshing, and very polite. You are one of the most considerate people on this site. Thank you for being who you are. Don't change a thing.

Seeeeeeeya; (or, Sincerely;) Chief Longwind of the North

Oh oh oh I see! Yes, I write very many letters to my family. Although I speak every day to Mamma and much more now to Papa, I still write a letter every week to them. I write to Uncle Nicu and many others, including many of the Catina crew, of course my Gizzi.

When I first joined this website all of you were so very kind to help me, and the "With love, ~Cat" is all for you showing me love and acceptance here.

To my parents and my family, I sign "All my love, Your Cat," to the crew, I sign "Fair winds and much love, Cat."

I only have two friends I write to and for them I sign, "Love and blessings, Cat."

Thank you all for your kindness. I think I did misunderstand. English is a difficult language for me sometimes!

But I like "Sincerely." Mamma says that is proper when addressing unpersonal (is that a word?) correspondence or someone you don't know very well but like very much.

I think the world has indeed become less polite. I think that's why I don't have many friends. Some people of my age seem brash and haughty, as if I owe them something. I don't owe them anything! I do owe my family and friends and the crew and all of you here, and that is why I try to be polite and treat all of you respectfully because you all deserve it and you all treat me very kindly and respectfully, even when some of you have had to fuss at me. Mamma says I'm having "growing pains," where I'm finding out life is full of turns I don't always like!

And I do care for all of you here. Remember how kind Kadesma was to me? When I found out she had passed, I cried. I think we all did, yes?

As long as all of you don't mind, I still like to remind you all that I care for you. Thank you so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Ms. CatPat,

You are the last person in the world I'd ever think was rude.

If anything I'd think no one could be as sweet as you are.

Whoever fussed about you had there head up a place I shouldn't mention.

Keep being who you are and doing what you do and don't let the naysayers bother you. ;)

Last edited:
Oh but I have complained also! Ha! But thank you both for your kindness. I love this place!

With love,
~Cat

Nothing wrong with complaining, Cat. But some people purposely try to make others miserable or angry on forums. We call them Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom