Annoying Ad won't allow use of "Search".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
Here's a screen shot of an ad on one of your pages. It's the home page of forum 48.

The Ad scrolls with the page, so there is no way to use the search feature unless you resort to an advanced search.

Damned annoying. Makes me want to NOT use THAT product.

Attachments

• AnnoyingAd.jpg
    AnnoyingAd.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 193
Timothy - we all see different ads based on location, previous searching history and anything else google can figure out about us. We may be able to block specific ads if they are a problem but will need the url of the ad. Next time you see it can you let me know more about the ad? What is it for?

Timothy - we all see different ads based on location, previous searching history and anything else google can figure out about us. We may be able to block specific ads if they are a problem but will need the url of the ad. Next time you see it can you let me know more about the ad? What is it for?

It's an Adobe Flash Advertisment for a Medication. I clicked on the stupid thing and got the attached screen cap.

Again, it blocked the page features.

Attachments

• MoreAnnoyingAd.jpg
    MoreAnnoyingAd.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for the suggestion Tattrat. I switched the skin from "Default" to "Discuss Cooking Version 1.0" and it got rid of that stupid ad finally.

Thanks!

I've been using DC V 1.0 for some time now. It works better in ways that are important to me and is easier on the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom