Are we stepping on the ACF's toes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his issue was with the word CERTIFIED. Apparently the ACF (American Culinary Federation) certifies chefs. The OP thought they might be upset if they saw the way we were using the titles.

I received my certification from a different organization, the GPF, the Great Pretenders Foundation. A non-profic organization founded by the Platters. Wanna hear our school song?

YES!!!!

Here I thought the content of the forum and the great advice from the members is what made it better?! Next time I will look under my name and then decide if the forum is worth a damn.

;)

Wow Andy, that was some url string!!! I get the joke though. Sing it out, I'll do backup.

Ah, I see you discovered a different way.

maybe i should have put it in foodie terms, so your extensive accomplishments can be worth their 25k.

i hope you'd agree when judging your peers, it's what you bring to the table, not what you think of yourself as a chef that matters. in this case, what's brought to the proverbial table are your posts, be it recipes, or helpful tips and techniques, or just a joke or two.

it's certainly understandable that you are proud of what you say you've done in your life. but pride goeth before the fall. apparently, it only begins to matter in late summer, so i'm not sure i get that... :D

ok, so, you've gotten plenty of attention. now let's see what you've got besides pride in yourself. anything for the rest of us?

eta: actually, what i find just as prideful are the responses that infer that we're wasting our time discussing this. in a way, we're paying the op respect by giving our opinions. why post that it's beneath you to give someone your opinion when asked? that's disrespectful.

Well Said.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

OK - let's move on folks. I think we can all agree that there is no point in piling on. Various takes on this issue have been offered and restating them will only inflame the situation. Please be kind to each other - spats in the kitchen can wreck good food and the same can be true here at DC. Thanks for understanding

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom