"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 21,539
Avatar Problems

is anyone else having problems uploading an avatar? i have tried a couple of small ones, 45x45 and 64x64, and they show up in my user cp, but not in the forum.

__________________
The past is gone it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,
I know tomorrow you'll find better things
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,230
OK, I tried it too and couldn't get it up and running. Let me try again.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,230
Got to dash buckytom. I will try again later.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,230
I'm stumped, hopefully Andy will get here soon and will be able to fix you up. Sorry buckytom.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
Assistant Cook
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 35
I'm having this problem too. Maybe it just takes a while for it to show up.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
I'm having this problem too. Maybe it just takes a while for it to show up.
It should show up immediately.

I changed mine, it works.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #7
Assistant Cook
 
kjchen69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14
I uploaded mine but it won't show when I post, any help?
kjchen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Okay, MJ or one of you lovely helpers of DC. Can you help?
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #9
Executive Chef
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Posts: 4,567
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchen69
I uploaded mine but it won't show when I post, any help?
What are you trying to upload? Is it to big? I see that you have a profile pic that is 75 X 100. They need to be 80 X 80 or smaller in your avatar.
__________________
MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
schadenfreude said that it showed in the window that it uploaded with no error signs, like it's suppose to,but, it doesn't come through on the posts.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #11
Executive Chef
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Posts: 4,567
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
schadenfreude said that it showed in the window that it uploaded with no error signs, like it's suppose to,but, it doesn't come through on the posts.
I think it was uploaded as a profile pic and not an avatar.
__________________
MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,677
Hi MJ,

I tried to upload an animated thanksgiving avatar but was not allowed to. It was resized to the allowed size. Is there a new rule about animated avatars?
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Posts: 4,567
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Hi MJ,

I tried to upload an animated thanksgiving avatar but was not allowed to. It was resized to the allowed size. Is there a new rule about animated avatars?
The new upgrade does not allow .gif animations anymore. If you had an old gif avatar, it will still be there...
__________________
MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #14
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,677
Mahalo, MJ, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 PM   #15
Assistant Cook
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
I think it was uploaded as a profile pic and not an avatar.
No, it's up as an avatar, and I have not uploaded a profile pic yet. It's 60x60 px, black and white, gif (non-animated), around 8K. I can't figure out why it won't work!

ETA: I can still see it in my profile under "current avatar".
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #16
Executive Chef
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Posts: 4,567
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
No, it's up as an avatar, and I have not uploaded a profile pic yet. It's 60x60 px, black and white, gif (non-animated), around 8K. I can't figure out why it won't work!

ETA: I can still see it in my profile under "current avatar".
It isn't showing up in your user control panel under "avatar" when I check. Can you send me a PM with the pic that you want for your avatar? .gif pics are not allowed.
__________________
MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #17
Assistant Cook
 
Schadenfreude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
It isn't showing up in your user control panel under "avatar" when I check. Can you send me a PM with the pic that you want for your avatar? .gif pics are not allowed.
PM'ed ya. And I misspoke, it's just a little jpeg.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Posts: 4,567
Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
PM'ed ya. And I misspoke, it's just a little jpeg.
My apologies Schadenfreude. After doing some investigating, I found a problem with the new upgrade we did recently, and the problem is on our end. Please give us some time to fix this problem and hang tight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MJ
__________________
MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #19
Assistant Cook
 
kjchen69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
What are you trying to upload? Is it to big? I see that you have a profile pic that is 75 X 100. They need to be 80 X 80 or smaller in your avatar.
I changed mine(the pic in my profile) to 72x80 and still wouldn't show, any idea?
kjchen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ
Please give us some time to fix this problem and hang tight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MJ
Fix it with some of that Wisconsin chrome (duct tape). Sorry, MJ, couldn't resist sharing the new one I heard over Thanksgiving from my Illinois siblings.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.