Blank emails from DC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is anyone else getting blank emails from DC? I usually get lots of email, telling a me about new posts in my subscribed threads (I know I can turn that off. I have it set that way on purpose.) but I've gotten two that have no content whatsoever. I have looked at the raw email, and it isn't just invisible.

Are you able to see the thread? I think its possible that a spammer posted in your subscribed thread and someone deleted the post but you still got the email.

Are you able to see the thread? I think its possible that a spammer posted in your subscribed thread and someone deleted the post but you still got the email.
Yup, I see this thread. Usually when it's a spammer and the post gets deleted, there is a quote of their message, but when I click to see it on DC, I see a message I have already read. It's just the spammy post that is gone.

I got another one. They are completely blank other than saying that they are from DC.

DC Mods are just being thoughtful. They know you have a lot going on so they leave their emails blank so you don't waste time reading them.

You've ruined their efforts by starting this thread.

I have never had this happen with a DC email, but I have gotten blank emails before. Sometimes, if I hit "reply" it will show the message that the person sent to me. Strange, but it has happened a couple times. I found this out when someone sent me what looked like a blank email, and when I went to tell them that there was nothing there, the message showed up.

I think we have this resolved - please post if you continue to see these.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom