I feel your pain. But its not as hard as it seems. I will tell you how I do it.
1) Are you on a computer or phone? These instructions are for a computer. I also do not use a hosting site. I use my computer. Lastly, This forums software is old as Moses and hopefully one day they upgrade it. That alone will make things much easier for the members the admins and Mods.
2) Find your picture on your PC. Make sure its saved if you have just taken it or its on your phone. Upload the image to the PC where you like. I like "Pictures".
3) Use the "Go Advanced" on the post page. Not the "Quick Reply" options.
4) Below the post box find "Attach Files" "Manage Attachments" Click on this.
5) The "Manage Attachments" box will appear and select "Browse". Find the picture file and click on it. Then click "Save". Then "Upload"
6) Now your picture is present in the post. Check "Preview to make sure its there and it is rotated correctly.
There are several steps, but after you do it a couple times it gets easier.
This forum does not support copy/paste as far as images.