Copying Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPat

Washing Up
May I copy and paste a recipe to a Notepad if I ask permission to have it before doing so?

Your friend,
~Cat

I can only say that I do it all the time. Since I'm not stealing them to create a cook book I consider it simply sharing which I feel in the whole concept of the discussions.

You can copy any recipes on this site anytime without asking permission. Those who post recipes here expect them to be copied.

Thank you! I was not sure of this, and I did not wish to offend anyone by taking away something that is not mine.

Your friend,
~Cat

Thank you! I was not sure of this, and I did not wish to offend anyone by taking away something that is not mine.

Your friend,
~Cat

You can copy recipes that are here.

You can ask for a recipe for a specific dish you want to make and copy that.

You can post recipes of yours and other members may copy them.

Of course I had hopes of the members taking my recipes I put here. I am glad to know I can have some of the others' recipes.

Oh, I see it is the same. Foolish me!

Thank you!

Your friend,
~Cat

You may use any recipe here, you may even store a copy for personal use. You may not take any content from here and post it elsewhere.

I cannot? Oh no! I have done this. I found an old Dell laptop that I am making to be for a kitchen computer. It is too old and too slow for use online. I have put three recipes on my jump drive and posted these over to that computer.

I shall take those away immediately. I am sorry!

Your friend,
~Cat

I cannot? Oh no! I have done this. I found an old Dell laptop that I am making to be for a kitchen computer. It is too old and too slow for use online. I have put three recipes on my jump drive and posted these over to that computer.

I shall take those away immediately. I am sorry!

Your friend,
~Cat

What Frank meant is that you may not post them elsewhere on another internet website.

Oh to another website as this? Who would ever do this? I am a journalism major in my college and that is called plagiarism.

No, this is an old Dell laptop I found in a yard sale. I am sorry, I misunderstood this. It only has the Windows 95 and it is not for online usage.

I took away those recipes. May I put them back? If it is not, I understand.

Thank you!

Your friend,
~Cat

Oh to another website as this? Who would ever do this? I am a journalism major in my college and that is called plagiarism.

No, this is an old Dell laptop I found in a yard sale. I am sorry, I misunderstood this. It only has the Windows 95 and it is not for online usage.

I took away those recipes. May I put them back? If it is not, I understand.

Thank you!

Your friend,
~Cat

Yes, Cat, you can put them back. It's not acceptable to repost recipes as if they were your own, as you know, but you can copy them to other media for your personal use.

Yes, Cat, you can put them back. It's not acceptable to repost recipes as if they were your own, as you know, but you can copy them to other media for your personal use.

You can if you include the link where you got it from, can't you?
Not that a forum would want a link to another forum on their pages, but it seems like you could c&p a recipe to another site if you included the link.

Thank you! I only put these to this old computer. I am organizing the recipes of DA and Mamma to this.
I found this at a yard sale for $20.00. I cleaned up of it and I am using it for the kitchen. I do not have many recipes of my own. Maybe one day I shall have some of my own! Then I can be sharing of them.

Thank you!

Your friend,
~Cat

You can if you include the link where you got it from, can't you?
Not that a forum would want a link to another forum on their pages, but it seems like you could c&p a recipe to another site if you included the link.

Yes. I meant that people can't post someone else's recipe in such a way that it appears to be their own.

Thanks, GG. That's what I thought.
I was on a forum before where someone won a contest (with a prize no less) copying and pasting a celebrity chef's recipes as if they were her own. Not right in my book.

Maybe I should not put recipes to an old computer. This sounds bad.

Your friend,
~Cat

It's OK to do that. I do it and so do most members here. If I find a recipe on a website, I copy it to my computer so I will always have it. This also allows me to make changes to the recipe too.

Copy any recipes you want to your computers. Use then, change them.

You may use any recipe here, you may even store a copy for personal use. You may not take any content from here and post it elsewhere.

This site does not "own" any of the content posted by users. =) And permission from the author is all it takes to re-post a recipe or idea elsewhere. The truly original content posted here is practically nil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom