Couldn't get to my private messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
Hi all,

I just tried to reach my private messages and got this screen:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Discuss Cooking database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I tried again a few minutes later and got the same thing...Is anyone else experiencing this right now? :huh:

I'm sure it's just a system thing that will pass on its own - no worries :)

Hrmm. There seems to be a problem with the database - I'll let Andy know about it. We are not doing any upgrades at the moment, and there is a chance we might be down for a bit... sorry guys.:(

Last edited:
MJ said:
Hrmm. There seems to be a problem with the database - I'll let Andy know about it. We are not doing any upgrades at the moment... sorry guys.:(
Don't worry about it MJ, these things happen - 'tis the nature of websites :)

It is TECHNOLOGY:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
PM are not going to upset me, but, if DC goes down, might as well call a hospital:w00t2: cause I will go nutty!!

texasgirl said:
It is TECHNOLOGY:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
PM are not going to upset me, but, if DC goes down, might as well call a hospital:w00t2: cause I will go nutty!!
One of Andy's other sites IS down and we share the same host...

7.gif

MJ said:
One of Andy's other sites IS down and we share the same host...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've received that message a couple of times today too and felt just that way texasgirl. Thanks for the laugh!!

It is an utterly and completely hair pulling, nerve wracking, fist clentching moment when you go to your website and it is down...especially if it's something serious (more than a little system issue)...In which case pillows may be required to scream into!

I was having the same problem with PM's, but I just tried again and was able to get in. Hopefully the problem is now resolved.

GB said:
I was having the same problem with PM's, but I just tried again and was able to get in. Hopefully the problem is now resolved.
Yikes, there seems to be still a problem, I could open my pm but when I wrote a reply and sent it I got the error message... does this mean my reply was lost, or did it get sent to the intended destination anyway??

urmaniac13 said:
Yikes, there seems to be still a problem, I could open my pm but when I wrote a reply and sent it I got the error message... does this mean my reply was lost, or did it get sent to the intended destination anyway??
We are still having problems, so there's a good chance your reply was lost. I would wait until tomorrow and reply again.

Sorry.:(

Me too guys yesterday I would get the message when I would try to send a PM...I do know one I sent was recieved, as I got an answer to it and was able to read it...Now everyone cross fingers and pray we do not get tossed into an abyss with no DC:sick:

kadesma:LOL:

life without dc ?????
better call the men with the
white jackets and let them know
i'll be visiting for awhile ahead of
time !!!!

I'm pretty sure everything is back to normal now.:cool:

middie said:
better call the men with the
white jackets and let them know
i'll be visiting for awhile ahead of
time !!!!