Discuss Cooking v2.0 - Details and Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new look is great, very user friendly, especially the blue forum tabs at the top of the page.

Though I like how everything is scaled larger, I feel that the user information in the left column is a bit pointless. It seems to take up more space than necessary.

I prefer maximizing my page real estate so I wasn't too crazy about the right column, but I appreciate you making it optional.

One thing I've always wanted from this particular forum is larger avatars. I post at a few other forums which allow users to have larger avatars. I understand they take considerable space, but the current size doesn't allow others to see the details of our food images. For example, can you tell what my avatar is? It's a bowl of mussels.

Holy cow! I love it! I love it! I love it! I have been away for a few weeks - been real busy with a homeschool project. At first I thought I was at the wrong place. I love how easy it is to find everything. The colors are very refreshing and makes me feel like I am in the kitchen. You have done a splendid job. Congratulations.

I have to say, I'm still using V1.0 and it is much better. I cannot stand the quotes thing. It looks very childish, as I believe I said before. The original is just much easier on the eyes.

How do you do that? Can I switch back too? I can't stand this virsion.
Sure you can. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, any page, and there is a drop down menu in the bottom left corner. It should say Discuss Cooking v2.0 if you see the checkers. Click on the down arrow and pick Discuss Cooking v1.0 In version 1.0 you'll see the board you are used to.

Thanks for the advice Callisto. I like the look of version 2 but have gone back to version 1 because I have a data limited connection and I'm guessing that version 1 will use less of my allowance than version 2.

Wow, haven't been hear for a couple mos. Love the new look! Have to check it out in more detail later.

I'm sure I've said it somewhere before, but, if you just make yourself use the new version for awhile you will get used to it. Don't make it your focus...focus on the posts and the content.

I tried KE, I really did, but I hate the new version with a passion. People either love it or hate it. I am just happy we have a choice to use whichever one floats your boat.

My initial reaction was that I didn't like it. I wanted to be fair, as I sometimes warm to things slowly, so I have been using it exclusively. The few times I have gone back to the old version, I found that had become strange looking as my eyes had begun to adjust to the new format.

However, I still don't care for the 'style' of the new format. Tops on my list of dislikes is the cutsy, feminine, gingham, Holly Hobby look of the skin. Next is the light colors that make it harder for my old eyes to read. The adjustment Andy R. and his team have made since implementation have been positive.

I appreciate we are trying to make this site appealing and to keep it up to date, and I appreciate the efforts necessary to give us this site.

I'm sure I've said it somewhere before, but, if you just make yourself use the new version for awhile you will get used to it. Don't make it your focus...focus on the posts and the content.

I've tried and tried and tried, but it just doesn't fly with me. I, too, have a bit of a challenge with the cutsey gingham look.

If ANY of you were married to my ex husband none of this would bother you :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Living with him is my "barometer" of sorts...:rolleyes: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom