Email notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Are you all getting your email notifications? I haven't had any since 14h00 today and there have been lots of replies in threads to which I am subscribed.

Are you all getting your email notifications? I haven't had any since 14h00 today and there have been lots of replies in threads to which I am subscribed.
I seem to be getting mine. Better go see.
kades

I gave up on email notifications a long time ago, to keep my email inbox at a minimum. Since I'm here nearly every day, I go to search, and then "view all my posts" and it works really well to see if there are any new posts after mine.
I'm just mentioning it in case someone might find this a better solution, as I did.

Last edited:
I gave up on email notifications a long time ago, to keep my email inbox at a minimum. Since I'm here nearly every day, I go to search, and then "view all my posts" and it works really well to see if there are any new posts after mine.
I'm just mentioning it in case someone might find this a better solution, as I did.

If you click on User CP in the upper left you will see threads subscribed to that have been updated since you last looked at them as well.

I opted out of email notifications years ago. Since I am on DC several times a day, and I check my emails afterward, the notices were coming in after I had already read the new posts.

I always read New Posts. It keeps me up to date.

Our tech guy is working to fix the problem, right now he has put a temporary fix in place.

I haven't received email notifications since I installed the DC app onto my new Android phone. My profile still shows that I want the emails but I am not getting them. Any ideas on this one? It has been at least a week.

Is the email addy a gmail one Laurie? Synced with your Android? And check your Trash and mark any DC mail Not Junk

I was having a problem, but I changed my email to G Mmail. All my problems are solved. I still kept my regular E-mail for everything else. Now all my problems have een solved and I am a happy camper. Thank you Site Administrators. :chef:

I got notifications this afternoon for the first time in ages! I am not subscribed to that many threads, so I really didn't notice that they stopped, until they started again and I realized I hadn't checked in in ages.

I got notifications this afternoon for the first time in ages! I am not subscribed to that many threads, so I really didn't notice that they stopped, until they started again and I realized I hadn't checked in in ages.

Surprise!!!:)

Is the email addy a gmail one Laurie? Synced with your Android? And check your Trash and mark any DC mail Not Junk
I changed my DC email to my gmail account and DH synced it for me when he set it up. Nothing in my junk or trash and DC is already marked not junk.

I still can't get notifications on my PC!

Well, since I haven't been able to get any help on this I am removing the DC app from my phone which means I will be here even less than I already am. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom