Email notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 268
Dunno just flailing around trying to help. Like I said I reported it directly to the Mod team.

Suddenly I'm not getting my email notifications for new posts. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I don't. And occasionally when I get a notification, I'll go to the thread and find a couple of replies that I never got notification for. One of the mysteries of cyber space. :LOL:

On some other forums I'm on, you get a notification for the first reply, but not for additional ones. On DC I get a notification for each replying post. If 5 people post, I get 5 notifications.

It sounds like there is no consistency for some reason.

I get email notifications, but only for the first response.

I have noticed that I don't always get notifications either.

I've been in my CP and don't see anything about how many notifications, just whether you want them and instantly or later.

I never find anything from DC in my spam folder.

I know that if I don't log out I continue to get notifications, but once I am logged out it is only notification for the first response. Maybe that would be considered normal for this forum.

Everything from DC goes in my Spam folder. I never log out of DC. If I do accidentally, I can never remember my password. I guess that's why I get so many notifications.

Everything from DC goes in my Spam folder. I never log out of DC. If I do accidentally, I can never remember my password. I guess that's why I get so many notifications.

You can turn off the notifications in your UserCP.

Depending on your email provider we can be penalized for this so it would be great if you would sort that out.

Check your spam folder.
One of the first things I did. No DC email in my spam folder.

BTW, my notifications are coming in now. Thank you. First one is from 08h22 today.

I usually get an email for each new reply in the threads to which I am subscribed. Sometimes the system waits until I have looked at a thread. There is a line in each email, "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

I asked admin/moderators that question about a month ago. I was told to look in my Spam. Lo and behold----- there they were! I had to add the email addy to my Contacts.

The strange thing is----- even though it's often recommended that you put the email addy of a site in your Contacts in order to receive messages from that site------ I've never done that before for any site! And I would always get the emails.

But evidently DC takes that SERIOUSLY! LOL
Try putting their email addy in your contacts and see if it helps. It did for me. Mostly, but not always. LOL

There's still a glitch the works, I guess, witness what MrsLMB and others have said.

I asked admin/moderators that question about a month ago. I was told to look in my Spam. Lo and behold----- there they were! I had to add the email addy to my Contacts.

The strange thing is----- even though it's often recommended that you put the email addy of a site in your Contacts in order to receive messages from that site------ I've never done that before for any site! And I would always get the emails.

But evidently DC takes that SERIOUSLY! LOL
Try putting their email addy in your contacts and see if it helps. It did for me. Mostly, but not always. LOL

There's still a glitch the works, I guess, witness what MrsLMB and others have said.
How is that supposed to help, since my DC emails arrive correctly, when they arrive. They were not in my spam folder. I always check my spam folder if an email I'm expecting doesn't show up. And as I mentioned, they are arriving correctly now.

How is that supposed to help, since my DC emails arrive correctly, when they arrive. They were not in my spam folder. I always check my spam folder if an email I'm expecting doesn't show up. And as I mentioned, they are arriving correctly now.

I said that what was happened to ME not to everyone. And a suggestion that people who didn't receive notification (and wanted them) to try that.

Obviously it doesn't apply to you.

Back
Top Bottom