Firefox and posting issues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see a BBCode icon. I actually have never seen that. What I am talking about it when I used to post I could right click in the text box and get the BBCode choice in the context menu. I had this because I loaded the BBCode extension through Firefox. That option is not longer in my right click menu when I use the enhanced editor.

GB - maybe you need to re-download it - I still get my menu when I right click.

Question - how can I tell if I have a pop-up blocker on firefox and how can I turn it off?

I just AIM'd you GB - don't know if you are on or not - if you're like me you look like you are on all the time!

subfuscpersona said:
Clicking on the BBC code icon and then typing (or pasting) is working for me. I see the formatting and the smilies in the message box window.
GB said:
I don't see a BBCode icon. I actually have never seen that. What I am talking about it when I used to post I could right click in the text box and get the BBCode choice in the context menu. I had this because I loaded the BBCode extension through Firefox. That option is not longer in my right click menu when I use the enhanced editor.
My bad. I misread your post; didn't realize you were talking about a Firefox BBCode extension.

What I meant was the BBCode icons you see in DC's
WYSIWYG enhanced editor - like this -
dcwysiwygeditor3ij.jpg

(you do see that. don't you???)

Last edited:
Firefox Popup Blocker HowTo

kitchenelf said:
Question - how can I tell if I have a pop-up blocker on firefox and how can I turn it off?!
do Edit > Preferences > Web Features

if Block Popup Windows is checked (like this)
ffpopupsa1tn.jpg

then the popup blocker is enabled.

You can disable it for every site you visit simply by unchecking this box. However, you really should not completely disable popups. Instead, click on Allowed Sites to specify the sites where you do want to enable popups.

This is the dialog window you'll see
ffpopupsb0is.jpg

To enter a site in tthis dialog box, go to the site you want to allow - copy the address - and then paste it into this dialog box.

Hope this helps. :)

subfuscpersona

bold: posted using firefox/1.0RC2 with Adblock plugin enabled using DC enhanced interface

I was not suggesting you just disable AdBlock. I was talking about whether or not you have the Ads ACTUALLY blocked when you try to post. That is blocking the ads using the *wildcard so that none of the Google Ads appear. OR I am not 100% sure, if they are only blocked temporarily on the page you are posting. FireFox Adblock will not automatically block the Ads unless you direct it to. Because the Ads are constantly changing one has to constantly block. Or use the Wildcard block.

If you have AdBlock enabled and don't block DC Ads. Fine. You won't have the prob. I suggest don't block Ads on DC. This is my opinion only.

subfuscpersona said:
My bad. I misread your post; didn't realize you were talking about a Firefox BBCode extension.

What I meant was the BBCode icons you see in DC's
WYSIWYG enhanced editor - like this -
dcwysiwygeditor3ij.jpg

(you do see that. don't you???)
LOL yep I see that. Unfortunately that does not give me all the options that BBCode does, but that is OK. I can work just fine without it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom