Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When travelling to or from, I use my Android Samsung Tablet ... it is great for browsing D.C.

I also have cell phone with internet, however, the keys for typing are too tiny and so I just got the Tablet ...

Fabulous.
Margi. Cintrano.

18.00 Hours - Tuesday May 1st

Thank you so much for adjusting my little Android, Samsung Galaxy and matching Cell Phone, not too long ago, and now I have automatic D.C. entrance, not having to sign in everytime I open either tablet or cell phone !

Greatly appreciate your assistance, efficiency and techni know how.

Have a lovely day,
Margi Cintrano

Is there a place to post other relevant apps (recipe apps, shopping list apps, etc.) for smart phones and tablets?

Aargh! Since the most recent update of the mobile app, I can't figure out how to reply to a post. I tried highlighting it and then clicking the three stripes that bring a menu. It's not there.

Aargh! Since the most recent update of the mobile app, I can't figure out how to reply to a post. I tried highlighting it and then clicking the three stripes that bring a menu. It's not there.

I highlight the post and press Quote and then I can reply to quoted post. Or press the menu symbol to reply to the thread, or use Quick Reply at the bottom

Last edited:
I highlight the post and press Quote and then I can reply to quoted post. Or press the menu symbol to reply to the thread, or use Quick Reply at the bottom
I highlight the post and can't find "Quote". Is the menu symbol the three stripes? It doesn't have reply or quick reply. I can't find reply or quick reply anywhere on the page. :(

I highlight the post and can't find "Quote". Is the menu symbol the three stripes? It doesn't have reply or quick reply. I can't find reply or quick reply anywhere on the page. :(

On my iPad, it's all there. The "reply" is down at the bottom, and when I highlight a post, the option for "quote" is there. Maybe the Android app is different?

On my iPad, it's all there. The "reply" is down at the bottom, and when I highlight a post, the option for "quote" is there. Maybe the Android app is different?
I don't remember what it was like before the update, but I used to be able to reply to a thread. I don't remember where the buttons were or if it was on a menu, but I could reply, and I think I could quote.

And yes, I am using the Android version.

Could your "reply" somehow be buried at the bottom of your screen? I just looked at my iPhone, the app is a bit different than on the tablet. To quote, you tap on the message, and it gives you a menu which includes "quote".

Could your "reply" somehow be buried at the bottom of your screen? I just looked at my iPhone, the app is a bit different than on the tablet. To quote, you tap on the message, and it gives you a menu which includes "quote".
I tried pulling the page up, in case it was hidden at the bottom. I tried highlighting and "quote" isn't one of the options on the menu. All I get on the menu, when I highlight a post is:

• Send author a message
  • Copy post content
  • Copy post URL
  • View author's profile
  • Open in Browser
And I see three squares, not lines, for the menu. If I click those without a post highlighted I see:

• Refresh
  • Web View
  • Copy URL

Hmm. Then Android is totally different from iStuff. When I tap on a post, it has quote, edit, share, more. Just a light tap, no holding like you would to highlight.

Last edited:
When I tap a post, the top bar changes to include the word Quote and the menu icon (three stacked squares) appears. The third item on the menu is Reply. I'm on my Android phone.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Last edited:
When I tap a post, the top bar changes to include the word Quote and the menu icon (three stacked squares) appears. The third item on the menu is Reply. I'm on my Android phone.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
I just tapped this post and the top bar changed to:

a check mark | GotGarlic | SHARE | and then the stacked squares. When I tap the stacked squares, I get the options I listed in a previous post.

It's also giving me other problems. It doesn't think I'm logged in when I want to look at subscribed threads. When I look at the menu on the top left, it says "Discuss Cooking" "taxlady", so I must be logged in. I don't see any option for logging out or in. I guess I better uninstall and re-install it.

Just moved into the 20th century and got an Iphone. I have downloaded the app, but cannot see what I see on my computer. "recent discussions". All it get is the "unread" and when I read it, it goes away. Help please.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom