Gimme Some Skin - new forum look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that is improved, my eyes are not straining as much now.

I really like the top bar for accessing the forums, much more user friendly.

What a difference! I thought I was in the wrong place. I don't know yet if I like it or not. I have a bit of a problem with contrast.

Thanks Katie....I could not describe it, and I can't look at it either.....
I agree with the brightness and the pastels. I ended up going into my control panel and choosing the DC 1.0 skin. I'll check back occasionally but I prefer the old look. I just thought it was me. I'm not a "bright" person when it comes to websites.

I did laugh at Betty Crockerish comment. That's kind of how it did feel.

When you get a Notification of a message, the Pop-down menu disappears Under the bar at the top making it impossible to click on so you can read your message.
This has been fixed

notification drop down working.gif

You really did make some changes since I last checked in, Andy. DC v2.0 (or should it be v2.1 now?) is much more readable than it was on my last visit. Thanks for that!
Thanks, we got lots of great feedback that was incorporated into the changes. I feel like there is still a lot of refinement that needs to take place but at least we are headed in the right direction.

I find it quite interesting at all the varied feedback. Some love it, some hate it and some are not quite sure yet. I think we all get used to things and changes are hard. I know I complain when sites I use frequently get a major makeover. Often I boycott for while but ultimately I end up going back and getting settled in.

Last edited:
Now if everyone will type in bold...It will be easier to read.

Where the the change size of font go???

It is looking better all the time!

I did notice one glitch - On the Home page, where you view recently updated threads, the page does not remember if you have viewed that thread since someone last posted on it. On version 1 of the site, it kept the ones you had not visited since an update in bold. It then kept the ones you had visited and had not been updated with another post, not in bold.

I am having trouble getting the pages to load now. I never had this problem before. Is anyone else having trouble getting from the hyperlink into the desired forum?

Yeah, there seems to be a loading delay, the frame loads but the actuallt text takes a long time to load, probably about 30s - noticeable anyway.

Yeah, I have noticed some real loading problems. I have even tried three different Email programs: hotmail; MS Express; Outlook. Same problem on all of them.

Alan, is there a glitch in this version of DC?

Yeah, I have noticed some real loading problems. I have even tried three different Email programs: hotmail; MS Express; Outlook. Same problem on all of them.

Alan, is there a glitch in this version of DC?
Color me confused on this one. How are you using email programs to view the internet?

I'm using Firefox 3.1 and it loads fine for me.

I saw it yesterday afternoon - beautiful! I love the new options on the top - very user friendly IMHO. I really like the different colors as well. Not that blue isn't very warm and inviting but I like the plaid and color variations. This morning, it's gone ...:(

My Email inbox tells me when a response has been received at DC. They produce a handy little hyperlink to reply. Got it?
You are talking about your subscribed threads that give you a link when someone replies to a thread you've either started or replied in. That's different than looking at DC on the internet be it Google Chrome, Microsoft IE, or Firefox. That is something you need to adjust in your mailbox settings, it doesn't have anything to do with DC.

What internet browser do you use to see the board, not the threads you've already posted in?

You are talking about your subscribed threads that give you a link when someone replies to a thread you've either started or replied in. That's different than looking at DC on the internet be it Google Chrome, Microsoft IE, or Firefox. That is something you need to adjust in your mailbox settings, it doesn't have anything to do with DC.
Yes, you are totally correct. I am hyperlinking into DC in one or the other of the threads to which I am corresponding. It has always been fast and simple to reply.
What internet browser do you use to see the board, not the threads you've already posted in?
MS IE6.something . . .

It seems to be getting better, the more I use it. Thanks for your help.

You might want to try downloading Firefox, I'm linking in via the town free internet service and I'm on the end of the service area, I don't even know if Town knows the free service goes this far, and Firefox is still really fast. Just a thought. I have issues all the time with IE which is why I switched.

Marty,

All the links that are included in the email notifications should remain working.

You might want to turn off the right column and see if that helps the page load faster (less stuff to load). You can do this from the UserCP >> Edit Options (on the left) then scroll to the very bottom.

Back
Top Bottom