Gimme Some Skin - new forum look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My same response. lol. I thought I accidentally clicked a link to a different site. .. .. .. .. Very Nice!

Yeah, I posted a reply and the page came up with the new skin. Talk about culture shock! If I hadn't been on the page when it happened it wouldn't have been as neat to see. Thanks Andy R. for all your hard work.

What happened to my Discuss Cooking page?

All of a sudden my DC page looks different. It has a blue and white gingham-like background and instead of the "people" at the top, there's a wooden cutting board with some strawberries on it. The rest of the page is quite busy and rather difficult to read.

What happened?

I am going to merge some of the threads about the new skin into one so we can have a sinlge place to talk about this.

It will take some time to get used to but hopefully the more professional look will grow on you.

Is it possible to change the color pallet? I'm on battery right now (low brightness) and it's a little hard to read.

What The Heck Just Happened?????

Two minutes ago everything is fine; two minutes later I'm morphed into a gingham Betty Crocker Land!!

Very difficult to read - especially anything & everything in that uber-pale yellow green. I'm squinting already.:(

Oops - wrong forum!! See - I can't even see where I'm posting things!!

What The Heck Just Happened?????

Two minutes ago everything was fine; two minutes later I'm morphed into some gingham Betty Crocker Land.

The pale blue & pale yellow-green are absolutely impossible to read. What happened? Did I miss something? My eyes hurt from squinting already & I've only been on here for 2 minutes. :(

Can you all describe the items that are hard to read? For example the threads seem pretty easy but the links at the very top that show were you are in the site (blue on blue) seem like they could be made easier to see. What exact areas of the site are hard to read?

Andy, how do we get "out" of a thread and have it then display as read (i.e., not boldface anymore)?

never mind - I just figured it out. you go to the top of the page and click on the forum again.

Andy, the best way I can describe my difficulty reading it is that everything's a bit too "pastel." The colors are quite pale and might be better if they were more vivid or if there was more contrast. The blues and yellows seem to bleed into each other with no defined edges. My eyes are getting tired already and I never have trouble with them.

I Guess I'm an "Oldster," BUT...

the new turquoise and green writing is VERY hard to read!

Is there some way I can change it in my browser without you having to change the whole site?

Otherwise, I like the new design.

Andy, the best way I can describe my difficulty reading it is that everything's a bit too "pastel." The colors are quite pale and might be better if they were more vivid or if there was more contrast. The blues and yellows seem to bleed into each other with no defined edges. My eyes are getting tired already and I never have trouble with them.
Katie, which text are you talking about? The posts inside the threads? The links to recent post in the side column or home page? Blue parts at the top of the sections or what?

Please be as detailed oriented in the location of the feedback so I can understand 100%

Katie, which text are you talking about? The posts inside the threads? The links to recent post in the side column or home page? Blue parts at the top of the sections or what?

Please be as detailed oriented in the location of the feedback so I can understand 100%

Except for what's in black, everything is too pale or not well enough defined.

Thanks Katie....I could not describe it, and I can't look at it either.....

Back
Top Bottom