Guests/Exclusivity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MJ said:
A bot (spider,robot or crawler) is a program that visits Web sites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. They also bring people to the site.

We have recently added a modification to the site that encourages "lurkers" to sign up. When they do sign up, a welcome PM is sent that encourages them to hop in and join us on the board, and it seems to be working great.

That would explain why there are so many new registered users most recently, and why I will not win the 5,000 member contest:LOL: . I think on average there used to be about 3-4 new registered members per day, but it seems to have gone beyond that most recently, which is great! :)

amber said:
That would explain why there are so many new registered users most recently, and why I will not win the 5,000 member contest:LOL: . I think on average there used to be about 3-4 new registered members per day, but it seems to have gone beyond that most recently, which is great! :)
That might explain some of it, but in my opinion they also get a sniff of how friendly you all are and they decide to stick around.:cool:

One other thing adds to the number of guests. The moment a registered user logs out (or logs in after booting the site), he turns into a guest. I think until at least the time you close your window on your puter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom