Having trouble with forums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron W.

Senior Cook
Discuss cooking is loading really slow and many times when I click on a thread I get a blank screen and it says done but nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I get that all the time.
Actually at one point I couldn't even sign into my name.
I was go on the forum as a guest and it would work fine, but when I tried to log in, it wouldnt work. I even tried it on 4 different computers.

It's either the server perhaps getting too busy.
Or maybe it's your computer.

I've noticed the same things over the last couple of days, too. Very slow, and unable to read the posts. I found that clicking on the "go to last post" icon works better than just clicking on the post.

Hey admins/mods

Whats going on with the server tonight and for the past several days? I've noticed it's been slow to get on here, and to refresh pages.

I've had the same problem. I'll alert Andy tonight.

Amber - I merged two threads since they were about the same thing.

And here too. Two days later.It either doesn't open or freezes forever to a blank blue window. Really irritating.

There was a cable that was cut at the datacenter that houses our server. That was the reason for the downtime yesterday. I am not sure if that could still be causing the problems today as well though. The cut cable affected many other websites, not just DC, but DC was the most important :)

GB said:
The cut cable affected many other websites, not just DC, but DC was the most important :)

Our cable TV service was out the other day, so that's what I attributed it to.
Re: geebs' post above - I did try sneaking in thru Google (no luck) by googling for "cooking forums", and ours came up first!

It was good for a day or two recently, but we're back to being slow again most of today 12/9.

Is the server resetting?

I just got signed out....
It looks like some others did too.
Is it happening multiple times to you guys?
Is the server flashing or something?

Edit*

Perhaps it was an attempt to remove people who are not posting and are away from the keyboards...

OK all, there is a reason for it right now. Here is the scoop from on high...

We are currently transferring a large amount of data to this server. It is causing a noticable slow down in the site and unfortunately we couldn't avoid doing it. It should only last for a couple more hours, and I apologize. I know it's annoying and frustrating.

thanks for the info, Alix. As long as there's a good reason, I can be a little more patient. Maybe I'll even think about what to cook for dinner.

We apoligize for doing this, but it had to be done. The transfer has completed and everything should be back to normal. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom