Help GB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I'm trying to send a PM to Alix that she asked me for and I just typed it out on a PM. Well, the PM is too long and the site won't let me copy it.

I really don't want to lose it because I've worked on it for a few hours.

Please help.

Can you copy half of it and paste it it into a pm
and then copy the other half and paste it into another pm??

it won't let me copy the PM...I tried what you suggested. Is it just my computer or can't we copy from PMS that are being sent. That's so odd.

I just retyped it onto wordpad so I can make 2 Pms now. Thanks.

Or you might try opening word or a similar program and copying all the text pasting it in there, then copying the text into two separate pm's.

I right clicked on my mouse and it let me copy a pm just now... can you try that and see if it works??

It must be my computer for some crazy reason. Just won't let me copy, but I can paste.

I took care of it by typing it onto wordpad and sending 2 pms.

Thanks y'all. :)

If you can't copy it, you can do this IF you're using Internet Explorer:

Get the post on screen.

Press F11 to maximize the screen and get rid of the menus, etc., so you can see as much of it as possible -- hopefully the whole thing.

Press the PRINT SCREEN button (top right of most keyboards).

Switch to your e-mail program. Open a new e-mail message, and make sure it's in HTML, not plain text (it's on the Format menu).

Put the cursor in the body of the e-mail message and press CTRL and V at the same time.

This will paste a copy of the screen with your message into the e-mail. You can't edit it, but it can be read. If it's too long for one screen, you may have to go back and copy the next portion of it and past that into the e-mail.

HTH

Chef_Jen said:
Jan next time highlite it go to EDIT... COPY sometimes when i cant copy things i use the tool bar :P

Ah-ha another great idea from people who know what they are doing on the computer. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom