how come this happens:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'll type a post and go to add in another sentence and the words i'd previosuly typed started getting 'eaten' by the new ones. it doesn't happen a lot but it does happen.
does anyone know why that happens?

? Did you accidently push the page up button on your keyboard luvs?

I think that might be the reason.

I tried the insert button first and KE is right it won't work.. but, the page up button
does. Try it and see if it recreates the problem.

kitchenelf said:
I thought about the insert key too but you cannot activate it in these posts - at least not on my computer.

It works in these posts on my pc. I just tested it out to make sure.

Maybe so... but, since I don't really want to insert anything, I think I'll go take a
nice nap instead. Back in awhile folks. Enjoy the rest of your day.

kitchenelf said:
Is the difference a Mac? I think luvs has a Mac - don't you luvs?

i have a dell but the computer downstairs might be a mac.:)
i'll try these suggestions, guys- thanks.

You hit the "insert" key.

Normally, insert is "ON" when you boot up your computer - if you put the cursor somewhere and start typing the text to the right of it moves over and what you are typing is inserted.

If you hit the insert key - it turns insert mode off - and you are in "type over" mode ... starting with where you place the cursor the text you type will overwrite the existing text on the screen.

The insert key is a "toggle" - it only has two states - OFF and ON. Each time you press it - it will change "states".

dunno yet, elf. it doesn't happen with each post, just certain ones. i'll have to wait till it happens again to try it out and then i'll let you guys know. thanks for asking.:)

luvs_food said:
dunno yet, elf. it doesn't happen with each post, just certain ones. i'll have to wait till it happens again to try it out and then i'll let you guys know. thanks for asking.:)

Toggeling the insert key will replicate the problem:chef:

the insert key worked and then i tried it again and it didn't. i'm gonna ask my Brother. he should know why it's doing this.

thanks for the advice, guys. now i know to hit the insert key to see if i can keep the post from snacking on itself.

Back
Top Bottom