How do I get profile picture under my name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
I was able to get my picture in my profile, but I noticed that some members have their picture under their name in their posts - I really like that - but I can't figure out how to do it - can someone help me? Thanks.

Hi Michele, those pictures are called avatars. Go to UserCP, then look on the control panel on the left, click on Edit Avatar under "Settings & Options".
There you can upload the image of your choice directly in. However the picture should be the right size (quite small), make sure it is no larger than 80x80 pixels!!

thank you for the help, i made sure my picture was 80x80 pixels, did what you said, saved the setting, and now the picture shows in the Avatar screen, but not when i post anything. did i miss a step?

We seem to be having problems with the avatar feature right now. The owner of the site is aware and I think he is trying to find someone who can fix this problem.

Take a look on "Edit avatar" again, maybe "Do not use avatar" is still checked?

Yeah!! Let's blame it on someone else...:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Just kidding.. I know this is frustrating, I hope the problem will get fixed soon and we will be able to see your picture!!

its not you, I to still am unable to get my avatar to show up, it shows up in the control panel but not my posts... hopefully it will get fixed soon:)

I learn something here every day. I didn't even know there were pictures on the user profile page. I could have been seeing what some of you look like and didn't even know that.

We will make an announcement when the avatar feature is working again - then we can have one sticky for everyone who needs help.:)

Back
Top Bottom