Karma and private messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullseye

Head Chef
Is it possible to give karma from the private message screens? I am just starting to understand this karma thing, and it seems that a pm might be one of the most likely places to want to give someone karma, but the link seems to be missing when I view a pm. Am I missing something?

You can still click on a post and give Karma for whatever reason you want, right? I like to give for some pm's also.

licia said:
You can still click on a post and give Karma for whatever reason you want, right? I like to give for some pm's also.
Yes licia,
any reason you want, you can karma for..I sometimes give for a PM too. It's like a little something extra for who I'm talking with.

kadesma:)

suzyQ3 said:
Now I'm confused. Some say yes; some say no.
Suzy,
Karma is only from the page where you see the posters name. That is where you give the karma from. When I said that yes you could give karma it was "for" a pm that you thought should have some. What I do is find the persons name go to where I see give karma, give it and let them know it is for the PM. Sorry if I muddied the waters.
kadesma:)

Clarify - you cannot give karma at the time you read a PM. Karma can only be given to a post in any given thread.

What kadesma was saying is if she likes a PM she will go hunt a post from that person and give karma that way - and thank them THERE for their PM.

Back
Top Bottom