New Chat Feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
You asked for it and now you have it. DC has launched a new CHAT section where you can talk to your DC family in real time. To go to the chat click on Quick Links on the blue bar at the top of the screen and select FlashChat.

Please note that all the rules that apply to the regular board also apply to chat.

Last edited:
You do know GB that this means ... I'll never get away from DC?? LOL !! Pretty cool!!

I cant decide if this is good or not.
I need a shower. Still. :)

dont I know it! My poor neglected children wil ALL have lego nose in no time!

it has indeed been a pleasure to chat to some of the guys here, it`s a Most Splendid addition! :)

Chat is OK, I guess. I haven't done 'chat' in about a decade.

Really isn't much multi tasking possible with chat, Chat demands too much attention.

In chat you would get to find out how bad a speller I am.

And I'm not a fast typer. Although it's faster with two hands than ..... never mind (anyone see last nights South Park? Oh MY!)

Forums and mail lists allow for thought out posts. Well or otherwise.

But mostly:

Please note that all the rules that apply to the regular board also apply to chat.

I have many filters between my thoughts and the keyboard.

I noticed in the immediacy of chat those filters are somewhat reduced.

I'm more apt to write what I really think. Among other things.

Also it seems chat and texting has reduced the literacy of those using it.

Chat is OK, I guess. I haven't done 'chat' in about a decade.

Really isn't much multi tasking possible with chat, Chat demands too much attention.

In chat you would get to find out how bad a speller I am.

And I'm not a fast typer. Although it's faster with two hands than ..... never mind (anyone see last nights South Park? Oh MY!)

Forums and mail lists allow for thought out posts. Well or otherwise.

But mostly:

I have many filters between my thoughts and the keyboard.

I noticed in the immediacy of chat those filters are somewhat reduced.

I'm more apt to write what I really think. Among other things.

Also it seems chat and texting has reduced the literacy of those using it.

I sure wouldn't make blanket statements about texting and chat equals reducing literacy - that's just not nice!!!

Yes, the rules are the same so the "filters" are the same. The "filter" would be the admin or mod who is in the chat room and the BEST filter I can give you is the filter to "close it" if things get out of hand and report it.

I sure wouldn't make blanket statements about texting and chat equals reducing literacy - that's just not nice!!!

But is it true?

One very nice thing about DC is Chat shorthand is out of place. Wish I could say that about other forms.

Yes, the rules are the same so the "filters" are the same. The "filter" would be the admin or mod who is in the chat room and the BEST filter I can give you is the filter to "close it" if things get out of hand and report it.

I HAVE THE ADMIN IN MY HEAD !!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Just kidding.

it`s Borked tho! as this is a COOKING chatroom, Why can`t I type Cummin as a bbq sauce spice???

#$%^&* in is what I (and anyone else gets).

It is an automated word censor just like we have here, although the word lists obviously do not match. Here if you try to type salt water without a space then the word censor will not let it through. The same thing is happening with cumin on Chat.

Back
Top Bottom