New Cooking Network!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selkie

Executive Chef
I just saw a commercial for a NEW Network, the Cooking Channel! It premiers on May 31st, and they urge you to contact your cable provider to begin carrying it. I guess it's going into competition against the Food Network, so now we'll have a whole new selection of faces and concepts.

I just thought you'd like to know.

I am surprised it took this long. Hopefully they will concentrate on food more than personalities.

Looks like the same bs we have now. We need a real competition, then we might see some serious cooking, not RR.

I don't understand what they are doing. They don't have enough programming to keep the current Food Network going without running a ton of reruns repeatedly.

If they are going to try to spread those same shows over a new network along with a few new shows, I'm not interested.

Ugh!! Unless they're planning on bringing back at least some of the "golden oldies", I certainly won't be tuning in. Even one whiff of Emeril, Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, ad infinitum & that new channel will be permanently deleted from my list.

I guess they must be in the entertainment business. They aren't looking for people who want to learn to cook. They are playing to the people who want to be entertained.

Don't think I'll be tuning in either.

Seeeeeya; Godweed of the North

I'm not going to be prejudice (someone who pre-judges these new shows). I want to see each of them first before I make any comment about them, individually or as a whole.

Cooking Channel coming soon!

With those cooking shows from Canada and the UK I'm really looking forward to THE COOKING CHANNEL replacing the FLN on May 31. :chef:

They should make a pbs - like channel that reruns some of the old pbs cooking shows 24/7 (jacques, jeff smith, Julia, martin yan ...)

Done! Well, if you live in the Washington DC market. It's called WETA Create. One of the new digital sub channels . It's about 75% cooking shows with the rest made up of art, gardening, home improvement, travel and the like.

No Martin Yan, or Jeff Smith, but they do have Julia and Jacques...both individually and together.

WETA Create Schedule – Apr 20, 2010 | WETA

Back
Top Bottom