New software....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that is the one I was referring to. I think I figured out what was wrong with my previous attempt to post a pic., as I didn't capture the image correctly. Here's the image:

adoverlay27mj.jpg

Sorry it's a little big.

I was thinking, whatever code is in place that causes this ad to "float" over everything else is also what is affecting norgeskog's browser?

It doesn't bother me. In fact, I have the "Ads by Google" set as the default for the Opera browser on my laptop, and it displays a lot of relavent ads to stuff that I'm looking at on the internet.

BTW, Andy, I like what you've done with the place!

Last edited:
Time

Wow, all of the new gadgets are a bit overwhelming at first, but I am impressed with how easy the conversion has been. Great work Andy! The only problem I have is that the time is wrong. Maybe you are running the site in a different time zone? If so, is there an option so that the posts appear to reflect the viewers time zone? Keep up the good work. Now, please excuse me as I have to go vote! Warm regards, Lori

So far you have messed up the signatures and the links.

Any more improvements coming?

ti.gif
ee.gif

Wow, definitely looks different. I will have to poke around and see how I like it. I do notice one thing...my non DC email gets an auto generated email each time a new post has been added to a thread I participate in. Hopefully I can shut this feature off, it'll drive me crazy to see a email for every new post.

It's such an attractive format, but it doesn't fit my laptop screen here at home...Is there a way for me to remedy that, format-wise?

Darkstream said:
So far you have messed up the signatures and the links.

Any more improvements coming?

ti.gif
ee.gif

Darkstream,

Thanks for the info - signature links were/are a problem - Andy is working on them. Cut some slack for awhile.

their - it could possibly just be this page - someone posted something that took up a lot of space maybe? Try other forums and see if it is still happening.

Anyone know if you can set the Thread Subscription to default to the Do Not Subscribe or No Email Notification setting? I don't want to get an email every time the thread is updated, and I imagine that oftentimes I will jump the gun and hit submit before I remember to set this.

Thanks!

thier1754 said:
It's such an attractive format, but it doesn't fit my laptop screen here at home...Is there a way for me to remedy that, format-wise?

I have the same problem.

htc said:
Anyone know if you can set the Thread Subscription to default to the Do Not Subscribe or No Email Notification setting? I don't want to get an email every time the thread is updated, and I imagine that oftentimes I will jump the gun and hit submit before I remember to set this.

Thanks!

go into your profile - it's there

norgeskog said:
At first glimpse, I am not impressed, old one was better. Now there are those horrible pop-ups on the right side of the screen where you scroll. Not good at all. Hopefully the ads will go back to what they were.

I get that when first opening the DC page. It is the page that has the Latest New Topics. After clicking on the Ads and purchasing all the goodies I want I then go to the main Forums page and voila! nothing on the rifght side.

If you are not in a position to purchase the said "goodies" just go straight to the Forums.

Yay!!!!

I love this format, many of my other forums share this software, once we get used to it, it will be fab. I had a glitch this morning at home, I am using Mozilla and it wouldn't let me reply to messages. But on explorer at work, it's fine.

Cool, I think

Gonna take a little getting used to, but I think I'm gonna like this new format.

Let's all be patient with Andy and each other until we get our bearings.

the only thing that i liked better with the old format that i haven't found here is a "view your posts" link. am i missing it, or is it not a feature yet. it really helps you catch up when you've been away, and don't want to miss replying to something someone posted for you.otherwise, it looks pretty good. a little busier screen than the old one, but more features require it i'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom