Post Counting..how does it work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Yes I know it's childish of me to even notice, but the number of posts for my last 6 or seven posts has stayed at 380. Does the counter only work in multiples of 10 or has it got stuck?
I don't post just to see the numbers go up. I post because I care about people but if I'm honest I must admit to having this silly desire to be promoted from Senior Cook! How feeble can one get!:) Grow up woman!

There! it's added one now, but on another thread to which I posted 3 or 4 times it stayed the same.

I`m not sure how it`s set up here, but on other Forums that use VB, certain areas you post in don`t count towards your post count.

at my place, posts in GD (general discussion) doesn`t count towards your posts.

Red Kitty...as I'm heading towards 2nd childhood it's the silly things that I do notice!!

I've noticed the numbers but to be honest I've never noticed which ones count or don't count.
Why is it important to keep a count anyway?

RMS said:
I've noticed the numbers but to be honest I've never noticed which ones count or don't count.

No, neither have I. In fact it's only just dawned on me that not every post merits another digit:rolleyes: :)
It's not important..I just had this childish desire to progress beyond Senior Cook...yes I know it's daft but then that's me:ermm:

Each post you make should up your count by one. Occasionally people do notice a lag in the post count updating, but it usually resolves itself by the time the member posts a question like you did csalt.

You have just about 100 more posts before you get promoted :)

RMS said:

So you know who is a noob and who is a grizzled vet.

Back
Top Bottom