Posting pix on a tablet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why don't you use it with the Note tablet?

Well, this will look a lot more professional when I hand a stylus to my client instead of telling him/her to sign with a finger. :LOL:

The Jot is great for capacitive screens but doesn't some close to the function of an active stylus. The wacom pen is faster, more accurate, and has extra features. The "eraser" end can erase instead of me having to set that then use the stylus. Also the tablet can sense the stylus hovering and have different functions then when touching. Did I mention it also has a button to change functions even more? And it is pressure sensitive.

If you only need a customer signature you are fine. If you need to use the tablet to capture writing/drawing then the active stylus (Samsung Note) is the way to go. I use my tablet for note taking in class. The old one was ok but I had problems keeping up. The Note screams along and the only issue is my chicken scratch handwriting. :)

BTW.. if you need a good note taking/organizing app I use Lecture Notes. It does everything and more than I could ask for and the developer is Johnny on the Spot when it comes to issues.

I just installed Dropsync and it's downloading my pix. Thanks, Frank!

My phone, tablet and laptop all share my photos together.

Automagically.

And dropbox throws space at you like it is water. I am running about 60GB for free right now.

And they have native Ubuntu software unlike Google, which is making me unhappy.

Disappearing apps? You mean they aren't where you put them? ....

In my old iPhone I had 3 different languages set up. I could type in any of them.
Yes, I know I could go back to my apps and put the missing one back on my home screen, but it is pain in the neck.
But also apps, for example the app for this site. The iPhone was so much better, there is no comparison. This one I still cannot figure out how to go to my threads, how to add a pick or respond to a thread.
I used to have a prayer book on my iPhone, and have the same one now, but in iPhone I could change the font, I could change the size of the font, none of that in this phone.
The only reason i got it was because of the price and the size of the screen that is actually a main reason. If iPhone would have a big screen I will go back to it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
In my old iPhone I had 3 different languages set up. I could type in any of them.
Yes, I know I could go back to my apps and put the missing one back on my home screen, but it is pain in the neck.
But also apps, for example the app for this site. The iPhone was so much better, there is no comparison. This one I still cannot figure out how to go to my threads, how to add a pick or respond to a thread.
I used to have a prayer book on my iPhone, and have the same one now, but in iPhone I could change the font, I could change the size of the font, none of that in this phone.
The only reason i got it was because of the price and the size of the screen that is actually a main reason. If iPhone would have a big screen I will go back to it in a heartbeat.
I like the app for DC. I didn't have it on the iPhone, so I can't compare.

Sounds like you are dealing with the steep learning curve. It should get better.

One of the things I like better about Android than iOS is that I still have a map and voice directions if I lose signal. I can even save the map for offline use and not waste my data for looking at the map when I'm not home.

The Jot is great for capacitive screens but doesn't some close to the function of an active stylus. The wacom pen is faster, more accurate, and has extra features. The "eraser" end can erase instead of me having to set that then use the stylus. Also the tablet can sense the stylus hovering and have different functions then when touching. Did I mention it also has a button to change functions even more? And it is pressure sensitive.

If you only need a customer signature you are fine. If you need to use the tablet to capture writing/drawing then the active stylus (Samsung Note) is the way to go. I use my tablet for note taking in class. The old one was ok but I had problems keeping up. The Note screams along and the only issue is my chicken scratch handwriting. :)

BTW.. if you need a good note taking/organizing app I use Lecture Notes. It does everything and more than I could ask for and the developer is Johnny on the Spot when it comes to issues.
I won't be getting a fancier stylus soon. I don't know how much note taking I want to do on a phone.

Does Lecture Notes sync with your computer? Does it work with something like Evernote?

I like the app for DC. I didn't have it on the iPhone, so I can't compare.

Sounds like you are dealing with the steep learning curve. It should get better.

One of the things I like better about Android than iOS is that I still have a map and voice directions if I lose signal. I can even save the map for offline use and not waste my data for looking at the map when I'm not home.

For example, just now I was reading this thread on my phone just now and wanted to respond. I cannot figure out how to do that on the phone, had to turn the PC on.

Also, my iPhone also had voice directions.

For example, just now I was reading this thread on my phone just now and wanted to respond. I cannot figure out how to do that on the phone, had to turn the PC on.

Also, my iPhone also had voice directions.
Just under the time and date of the post, there is a pull down menu. It looks like a fat, blue "v".

ok, so that does allow me to quote and then post, but what if I do not want to quote, what if I simply want to comment on the thread?

I like the DC App on both of my android devices, it seems to work really well. It is definitely a very stable app.

You aren't going to get better navigation than with an android device right now, it's gotten so good and only gets better. I do like the option of navigating without having a data signal, not only does it save data, but you won't be up a creek without a paddle if you are out of range of data signal!

I like the DC App on both of my android devices, it seems to work really well. It is definitely a very stable app.

You aren't going to get better navigation than with an android device right now, it's gotten so good and only gets better. I do like the option of navigating without having a data signal, not only does it save data, but you won't be up a creek without a paddle if you are out of range of data signal!
What are talking about? I cannot get anywere without connection

Back
Top Bottom