Posting pix on a tablet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi. I have an Android Galaxy Note 10.2 tablet and I use the DC app on it. Whenever I try to post a picture by tapping the Attachment button, I get an error message that the file type isn't supported. They're jpg files. Is there something I should be doing differently? Thanks.

Hi. I have an Android Galaxy Note 10.2 tablet and I use the DC app on it. Whenever I try to post a picture by tapping the Attachment button, I get an error message that the file type isn't supported. They're jpg files. Is there something I should be doing differently? Thanks.

Let's see how it works.

ForumRunner_20130701_153329.jpg

Are you picking an existing picture or trying to take a new one with the camera? I have that tablet (it rocks, get a better wacom stylus).

I think I see the problem, although I don't understand it. I have my cell phone, tablet and Windows PC connected to Dropbox. So when I take a pic with my cell phone, it's automagically uploaded to Dropbox and synced to my tablet and PC. But for some reason, the app doesn't like pix from the Dropbox folder. I could select a photo and attach it from a non-Dropbox folder. Thanks for looking into this.

I think I see the problem, although I don't understand it. I have my cell phone, tablet and Windows PC connected to Dropbox. So when I take a pic with my cell phone, it's automagically uploaded to Dropbox and synced to my tablet and PC. But for some reason, the app doesn't like pix from the Dropbox folder. I could select a photo and attach it from a non-Dropbox folder. Thanks for looking into this.

This is because the file is on dropbox and not on your tablet. You can download it from dropbox first and get it on your tablet. There are many ways to go about it. Have a look at ES File Explorer. This might help solve your problems as it allows browsing of Drive and Dropbox and does the down load seamlessly.

I need a stylus for my phone. What should I look for? Why is that stylus worth so much money?

Depending on the phone it may be wasted money.

Most phones and tablets are capacitive (the iPhone is for instance) and need a contact area about a quarter square inch which is why the ends of the styli are so fat. The Samsung note (amongst others) using an inductive as well as capacitive stylus. The Note uses the Wacom digitizer in particular.

The reason it was worth it for me is speed and precision. Inductive (active) styli are faster, more responsive and more accurate.

If your phone does not support it then it won't work. It won't do anything.

Depending on the phone it may be wasted money.

Most phones and tablets are capacitive (the iPhone is for instance) and need a contact area about a quarter square inch which is why the ends of the styli are so fat. The Samsung note (amongst others) using an inductive as well as capacitive stylus. The Note uses the Wacom digitizer in particular.

The reason it was worth it for me is speed and precision. Inductive (active) styli are faster, more responsive and more accurate.

If your phone does not support it then it won't work. It won't do anything.
I get paid by credit card on my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII). I have a little gizmo that attaches to the head phone jack and I "swipe" the credit card on it. Then the client signs on my phone. Right now they have to use a finger. :ermm: It would be much better with a stylus.

I get paid by credit card on my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII). I have a little gizmo that attaches to the head phone jack and I "swipe" the credit card on it. Then the client signs on my phone. Right now they have to use a finger. :ermm: It would be much better with a stylus.

I believe that is capacitive. Look at the http://adonit.net/jot/classic/ . They are more pen like than the rubber tipped things.

I believe that is capacitive. Look at the Jot Classic Fine Point Stylus for iPad and Android . They are more pen like than the rubber tipped things.

Cool/ thank you. That looks like what I want. I did some Googling and found that my local Bureau en Gros (Staples) seems to have them in stock for $19.05 - no waiting, no shipping, no customs. :D
I bought it. It's a really pretty aqua colour. It seems to work well. Thanks again, Frank.

I much prefer the Galaxy to the iPhone.

How long have you had the Galaxy Charlie? They take a little getting used to.

I've had it for about a month now. Still cannot get used to it. Hate disappearing apps, miss multi-language key board, etc. Really missed the simplicity of the iPhone too. :(

I've had it for about a month now. Still cannot get used to it. Hate disappearing apps, miss multi-language key board, etc. Really missed the simplicity of the iPhone too. :(
é
Disappearing apps? You mean they aren't where you put them? Click the apps button and you should be able to see all of your apps.

I'm not sure what you mean by multi-language key board. If I want é I hold finger on the "e" until it shows up, then slide my finger to it. If I want ø I use "o". That works for just about all the special letters/special characters.

If I want a number, I just leave my finger on the key with that number until it shows up. I can also switch to the number screen.

Last edited:
Glad you like it.

Mine is red, though since I got my Note tablet I don't use it.
Why don't you use it with the Note tablet?

Well, this will look a lot more professional when I hand a stylus to my client instead of telling him/her to sign with a finger. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom