Problem with typing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
:( Whenever I try to type in the window for reply, or new post window, I have problem with the cursor jumping and thus causing letters to type all over the place. It is like I’ll be typing and all of a sudden the half of the word is at the end of whatever I’m typing and the other half is some where else. What is going on here? Is it my computer or is it this site? Does anybody else have had problem like that?

Do you use the Quick Reply screen or do you use the Post Reply button? I've had an issue with the window disappearing once in a while, but I think that is something on my keyboard. Occasionally I type fast and hit the wrong keys and stuff goes haywire. Maybe you have the same issue Charlie?

usually it is "post quick reply". no i am a slow pock, when it comes to typing. It could be something with my PC, i am not saying it is not, but i do not have the same problem when I am in "word" or diferent forums.

Charlie, try to use the Post Reply button. I know that I have better success and fewer issues with that myself. The Quick Reply window is a source of much frustration for me. I suspect its something with my computer (most problems ARE!) but still...gotta post!

Charlie, I've been using the Quick Reply button and have never seen what you are describing. Do you run antivirus every day and acouple of programs to clean out those spy things. I do the antivirus every day and about once a week two anti spy things. I'm hardly very technical so if something went wrong I would be lost.

That sounds like a computer specific problem Charlie. Has this been going on for a while or just today? If it is just today then I would recommend restarting your computer. Otherwise, try running a spyware removal program.

As GB suggested - try running a spyware removal program, Charlie. This is a problem caused by some spyware/adware such as "WINAD" and "DROPSPAM" - among others.

Last edited:
I had a computer that did that until I ran Spybot. It returned scary amounts of adware, spyware, et al. Once I removed it all the computer ran fine and the only thing stopping me from replies that make sense was my typing way too fast.

I did ran the antivirus programm and it did find some stuff. I haven't tried to type on it yet. Thank you everybody.

:( Whenever I try to type in the window for reply, or new post window, I have problem with the cursor jumping and thus causing letters to type all over the place. It is like I’ll be typing and all of a sudden the half of the word is at the end of whatever I’m typing and the other half is some where else. What is going on here? Is it my computer or is it this site? Does anybody else have had problem like that?

Of late, I have had a similar problem with the screen jumping around here when posting a reply, & have had to reposition the cursor. I don't use the quick reply, so I'm clueless. Only problem on my behalf, lately, is my keyboard is sticking... Probably time for me to get a new laptop, replace the keyboard, or use the keyboard I have attached through a port extension. Noticed the jumping screen/cursor only happens on this site though.

Charlie, I just checked, this is what the store put on my computer for me, they are all free versions that can be taken off the web. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition (run once a day), Spybot-Search & Destroy 1.4 (run twice a week) and Ad-Adware se by Lavasoft (run twice a week). As I remember now I forgot to run the last two anti-spy things I was getting alot of chatter when I went to my email. I had a bunch of spy whatevers that had taken residence, were picking my computer for infor and trying to send it out. Not nice so I stomp on them regularly now. Hope this helps.

Katie, that program is a good program, but it does not do what Spybot and Ad-Aware do. They are completely different types of programs.

All that means is that you didn't have any spyware problems to begin with.

CCleaner basically just removes unused files from your computer. Spyware would not be classified as unused files. CCleaner will empty your recyle bin, temp internet files, cache, history, cookies, and things like that. Spyware is something completely different.

Back
Top Bottom