Product Critique Forum Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We already do a lot of product evaluations based on requests for information from members who are thinking of buying certain products. Check out the knife, cookware and other topics.

We've also had evaluations of potato chips, hot sauces, etc.

I am all for product evaluations on this site. The only issue in this thread is whether or not we need a separate forum for it.

I wonder if it was a seperate forum... would it be easier to find? then have to do a search?
I am not a very good searcher LOL

But... I do wonder how much extra work this would require for the peeps in charge.

Andy M. said:
We already do a lot of product evaluations based on requests for information from members who are thinking of buying certain products. Check out the knife, cookware and other topics.

We've also had evaluations of potato chips, hot sauces, etc.

I am all for product evaluations on this site. The only issue in this thread is whether or not we need a separate forum for it.
Took the words right out of my mouth :)

Debbie said:
I wonder if it was a seperate forum... would it be easier to find? then have to do a search?
I am not a very good searcher LOL

But... I do wonder how much extra work this would require for the peeps in charge.

Debbie:

When I come to DC, I always use the NEW POSTS function. It lists all the new posts since my last visit. After reading and refreshing the new posts, I then go to "MARK ALL FORUMS READ". Then future use of the NEW POSTS function will exclude all the old posts.

I find this much easier than clicking through all the forums looking for stuff I haven't read yet.

OK, if I wanted to say how good "Mission" tortilla strips are and bemoan the fact that we can't get them here, where would I put that information?

GB said:
I would say Today's Menu & Food Talk would be a good home for that one.

I would have suggested the "Breads..." or the "Appetizers.." categories for tortilla strips...

lol, hmmm, indecision.

maybe we need a seperate category called "product evaluation", and have subcategories for appliances, tools, gadgets, food stuffs, etc.? :)

i'm having a deja vu...

Hopz said:
I was thinking, I know- always dangerous, that maybe it would be fun to have a forum for us to critique, evaluate, recommend for or against consumer food products.

I was staring at the shelves of BBQ sauce, and was thinking- I wonder if that stuff is any good?
It would be cool to have a place where I could say- this product is great, or alternatively, suggest that that one does not live up to its advertising...

what do you think?

Welcome to DC :)

Suggestion - you might start a thread in the already established catagories here - or start a poll, ask for feedback re what is the best etc. There are members here that discuss a food product & critique in the off-topic chat. I'm sure site helpers will see it is placed in the appropriate topic. Looking forward to your input.

Hopz said:
If you don't think your crowd can handle feedback on products, fine, you guys know them better than I do at this point. No problem.

Hopz, I hope you don't think we are slamming your idea because we think it is contentious. Nor do we want you to feel slighted. The issue is that we don't want the site to become difficult to use, and too many categories and subfora are a sure way to send it that direction. Please DO post your critiques of products, I think that is a wonderful idea and will generate lots of interest.

In case you hadn't noticed yet, Hopz, we have plenty of opinions to go around here. Post away and stand back in amazement at how many people have passionate ideas for and against.

Back
Top Bottom