Question about Thanks notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, just a doggon minute here. On the iPad I went to send a thanks as well, and after going to the regular site (not the app, it doesn't have the thanks) when I hit the thanks button, I see a tiny square with "Tha" that disappears quickly, or nothing at all. I rarely get the full thanks to pop up so I can send it, or even type in it. I keep tapping the thanks button, and nothing. It was the same with the multi quote stuff. What up with that?

Holy crap. I think I solved my own problem. I put the iPad in vertical mode, and the Thanks worked. I usually use it in horizontal. I'm gonna thank a few more to prove my theory.

Last edited:
Good tip for iPad users. I wouldn't have thought the screen orientation would affect things.

I had forgotten and sent a "Thanks" lately, only to find out it was leaving a message that I hadn't writtten.

It did show my message, but it was in the middle of the jibber/jabber.

I prefer to say my thanks in a post or a PM.

I had forgotten and sent a "Thanks" lately, only to find out it was leaving a message that I hadn't writtten.

It did show my message, but it was in the middle of the jibber/jabber.

I prefer to say my thanks in a post or a PM.

For the record, I'd just as soon all the "jibber jabber" be eliminated too so we could just type in our own words with the "thanks" button. I don't like hunting for the personal message in the middle as "Comment:"

I sent you 2 Thanks. One for the cuke & crab appetizer (in NYE Appetizers thread), & recently in the Dinner thread for the Ciopinno. Did you receive them, Pac?

For the record, I'd just as soon all the "jibber jabber" be eliminated too so we could just type in our own words with the "thanks" button. I don't like hunting for the personal message in the middle as "Comment:"

+1 (2 depending on how you look at it ;))

I don't get PMs for every thanks, just some.

I'm assuming you all don't get them from me.

I get them from you Andy! :) In fact I did a check and I got a PM for every "thank you" I have received. Which I humbly say has been a few! :) Thanks everyone for your thanks :blush:

Ok, first you give someone a THANKS (karma) then they thank you for thanking them.

Is there a button to click to thank someone for thanking you for thanking them?

Last edited:
Ever check your spam folders? Sometimes things get sent and end up in those.

It's not in my spam folder, but even if it was it would still show up when I went to the forum or refreshed it. Or at the very least be sitting in my PM's unread.

I sent you 2 Thanks. One for the cuke & crab appetizer (in NYE Appetizers thread), & recently in the Dinner thread for the Ciopinno. Did you receive them, Pac?

I did. I said thank you in the thread for the one because your profile comments are not enabled. I did not receive PM notifications on either one.
Just Kayelle's for some reason. She must have a direct link :LOL:

I don't get PMs for every thanks, just some.

I'm assuming you all don't get them from me.

So it's not just me. Interesting.

I did. I said thank you in the thread for the one because your profile comments are not enabled. I did not receive PM notifications on either one.
Just Kayelle's for some reason. She must have a direct link :LOL:

So it's not just me. Interesting.

Now this is driving me crazy. I thought I got all of mine in my emails, then checked out my CP, and found some I didn't know I got. Huh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom