Question regarding posting links

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubba_sybo

Cook
I am wondering how you go about attaching a pic word. Not where you see the pic but you will see one word that might appear as a different color then u click on it and it takes you to a link

Kinda like a link I guess.
I know how to just add the pic I just dont know how to make the magic words that appear in some peoples post.
not the ones that come up because the site but the ones the user puts in.
Any info would be appreciated

I know there is a faq section, and I am looking at the section located http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcodeFAQS

maybe I am doing something wrong with my coding or sumthing I will try again .... prease no ban me. I been trying to figure this out for the longest

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...rums/misc.php?do=bbcode"]page i am linking to

getting closer now I have the option part but I can still see the url
grrrrrr

I will use ---> "{" instead of --> "[" in my code below so you can see.

{url=www.discusscooking.com}Bubba{/url}

Bubba

Just remember to use the [ ] brackets instead of { } and you should be fine. Practice here all you want.:)

so iffin ya want to see a pasty click here

:ROFLMAO: OMG i did it!!! Thanks so much!! Now I kinda have to review a little. So i know how to do it again. Anyone else want to try or am I the last person on here to not know how to do this??

maybe I was doing something wrong with my spacing, but it looked like they were telling you a different way.
MJ needs to rewrite that section of the faqs

Last edited:
I was sad now I am very happy

This will prove very usefull in my quest to become Evil overlord of the INTERNETS

Last edited:
I am so smart, smrt
I am going to have to try not to do this with every post or it could make people angry......opps wrong ip adress mad
anyone else want to try?
Dont be scared

Last edited:
I do it differently.

I go to the link and copy it, then I come to the reply window and type the word I want to make into a link. I highlight the word I want to make into a link then click on the link icon (it's the globe with the chain link icon) I paste the copied link into the window and click on OK. Done.

It literally takes longer to read the steps than to do them.

Back
Top Bottom