Shopzilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
When the shopzilla banner is up, I can't get to the search box because it is covered.

I have popup blocker but I am still getting banners up top. Now the BOOTS ad is up...and I can't get to search. If it's fine for everyone else, I'll have to check into another blocker.

No banners coming up here. What pop up blocker do you have? Norton here.Maybe recheck your blocker to see if it's on.I know how you feel, hate those pop ups. When they come up can't you just x them out?

These are advertisers here, I believe. Now the boot one is on the side. I'll have to work on it when I get home. Thanks Thumper! :)

Jan have you considered switching to Firefox for your browser? There is something you can load on Firefox very easily and you will never again see any popup or ad that you do not want to see.

This is a recurring problem and switching browsers is not the answer. The Ad display needs to be modified so it's not "always on top" The Search drop down window should be on top of the ad when activated.

When I downloaded the newest version of FireFox I also installed the extension Adblock (there's another one that goes hand-in-hand with this one too) - no more shopzilla ad or any ad covering the search feature.

BUT, that being said, you can still use the search feature. Just click on the right side of the box - this places your cursor there even though you can't see it - type the word you want to search (again, you won't be able to see it so spell it correctly :LOL: ). Hit your "Enter" button and the search will continue.

Also, you can go to another page and search from there - one that doesn't show that banner.

kitchenelf said:
...this places your cursor there even though you can't see it - type the word you want to search (again, you won't be able to see it so spell it correctly :LOL: ). Hit your "Enter" button and the search will continue.

Wouldn't it be simpler to fix the ad so it doesn't block the search function?

Back
Top Bottom