Slow post rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Is anyone else have "Cannot Find Server" pop up when they go to reply to a post? Things seem to be slow for me today. Maybe just my relic of a machine?

I've been having this problem, too, Alix. It happens not only when I post but when I try to view threads. There's no rhyme or reason as to when, as far as I can tell. Sometimes it works just fine, too.

happens to me every once in awhile. so i hit my back button and it takes me right back to where i was and it seems fine for awhile after that.

It's been happening to me ever since we got the new site. I got so used to it I just click on it twice.:D

Alix said:
Is anyone else have "Cannot Find Server" pop up when they go to reply to a post? Things seem to be slow for me today. Maybe just my relic of a machine?

Alix, that happens to me occasionally, but I blame MSN not this site. Sometimes it says 'does not exist.' Today it does seem slow, but sometimes we all have a bad day.

OK, I am going to attribute it to hiccups. This is new for me, so I will wait and hopefully it will all work itself out.

OK, today when posting it told me cannot find server, but when I checked, my post was there. What the?

that has happened to me also alix. it seems that the site does get your post, but for some reason your isp gives you back the default screen for when you've entered an invalid url. i often see that screen for a split second, before i'm redirected back to the site.

DC, we're working on it. If you hit Reply twice and submit twice, that has worked for me. I will be alert for double posts and be ready to delete. Give er a go.

Kep me posted on this...

Plese let me know if you keep having troubles. I turned off the apache logs which was taking a huge amount of bandwidth to write the log files on the server. So I am hoping this reduces the disk write issue that I think was causing the submitted posts to screw up....

Post here if it keeps happening.

Back
Top Bottom