Software Upgrade - Community Downtime (2/25 - 2/27)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Erik said:
I can't wait for the changes...I'm just wonderin' when the next step is starting.
It looks like the conversion will start tomorrow (2/27).

It's almost 3:30pm here & all is still well. I'm getting anxious & jittery waiting for all the new stuff! :LOL: I feel like a kid standing outside of a candy store!

Looks like it will probably be happening later tonight. There were some unexpected delays, but they are being worked out. Hang tight everyone. We will be surfing on the new improved DC in no time :D

I just ran through an import but it did not work out right, I am going to wrok on a few things and hopefully get the conversion done tonight. If not, I'll have to call it off and do it later this week. Sorry!

Ok, I found some weird errors in the import, so I am going to hold off till I know we can get a perfectly clean conversion. Sorry for the downtime today. I'll have it down pat for the next run...

still, scratchin' my long black hair, hangin' my chef hat, wondering, about these "changes" play my geetar, cookin' with cayenne. (well, no matter what, WE are the Best! (Team!, Crew! family! Orginization! In My Opinion, Friends!!!! :D Atomic Jed! (say's) Vote 5 Stars! for Discuss cooking!!!

The changes I have noticed has been the site doesn't seem to ba as stable. Getting errors when trying to bring it up. And now when I do get the page, it isn't showing any posts as being new.

What's up?

Hang tight everyone. Andy started to make the change last weekend, but some things were not working right so he decided to hold off until he could figure them out instead of launching the site when it was not ready. The new site should be up and running soon. Andy is just making sure he does it right instead of doing a half ***ed job. I am very thankful for that ;)

As far as the current site being unstable, that will probably continue until we are on the new site, then it will be a distant memory. Hang in there. The problems will soon be gone.

Sorry about the server issues the last few days. I am working on that right now. After those are resolved I will be back to moving our site to the new software. Also, I am have been working late every night at my job so not much time in the evenings to relax. I'll post another update soon...

Anonymous said:
Sorry about the server issues the last few days. I am working on that right now. After those are resolved I will be back to moving our site to the new software. Also, I am have been working late every night at my job so not much time in the evenings to relax. I'll post another update soon...

Im guessing this message is from Andy :) Even though it said "guest". I've only noticed some short downtimes, no big deal. Looking forward to having the new site up and running whenever.

Back
Top Bottom