Underlined Green Words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm seeing random words in green and underlined today. This occurs in people's posts and in the descriptions of various threads and forums.

Anyone else?

It's not green on my computer.
I haven't seen any green yet. Maybe,
you're special to day Mudbug.

Well, now that's interesting. I must have some kind of bug. When I click on the words that are underlined and green, I get taken to various other websites (ads, apparently).

Must be some sort of pop-up thing. I changed my blocker setting to high, so now when I click on them the toolbar shows me they have been blocked.

They're still showings as "links", tho.

That sounds like a virus or spyware to me Mudbug. Do you have Ad-Aware or Spybot Search and Destroy on your computer? These are both programs that get rid of spyware and are very easy to use. If it is spyware then either of those programs should get rid of it.

Do you have an anti virus program? You might want to run a check from that too. I have never heard of a virus like that, but it is possible.

maybe Dickel is the problem:ROFLMAO:

(just kidding, mudbug...sounds like you've been invaded by some spyware)

Can't be the Dickel---we're currently out of it!

Virus scan detected nothing. Running Spybot again just now, just in case. Apparently the popup blocker is blocking all the links, but they appear as links anyway (i.e., underlined and in green). More annoying than harmful at this point, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom