Vote for the Name of Discuss Cooking's Newsletter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Select one of the following as the new official name of the DC newsletter!

• DC Digest

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • What's Cooking?

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • A Taste of DC

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PA Baker

Master Chef
We would like your vote in selecting an official name for the DC newsletter. We've provided three choices so, pick your favorite--we want your vote! The poll will close on March 30 so vote today! :chef:

Hmmmmm. My choice is running third . . . . .bummer.

Here's my reasoning for choosing DC Digest.

Option 2 makes me think of our topics here for what is on the menu each day.

Option 3 I like, but I thought a true taste of DC would be coming to the forums and checking them out.

I'm assuming this will be sent to members interested in receiving it, so getting a "taste" of DC isn't needed as we are part of DC. DC Digest says to me the e-mail would be an abridged version of the goings on of DC. If one would want more information, they'd come here.

Just my two cents.

i'm with the 'dog. i like dc digest. concise, alliterative, rolls off the tongue.

btw, i did notice one weird thing with last months "digest". :)

it referenced us going into spring, or warmer weather. that's only true for the northern hemisphere. it sorta thumbs it's nose at our aussies and other members below the earth's beltline.

just another 2 centavos.

Pa, any of the names would work..I chose the What's cooking..Around here, that's about all I hear, unless it's ma could ya, would ya :LOL:

kadesma

I voted for DC Digest, but I would've gone with something like "The hot plate", or some other cooking type term... :-p

John

I voted for whats cooking? I know this is silly.. but when I first came on this site I was always wondering why everybody was talking about district of Columbia ( DC) in a cooking forum :-p

I like "TASTE OF DC"..just a little sample of the good things we get each month.

I just don't like using "DC".

"What's Cooking" is also slang for What's Happening which I think is apropos and kinda clever.

DC Digest is a little bit Reader's Digest-y
and
A Taste of DC doesn't really do anything for me.

I like both DC ones, but What's Cooking is the name of the Whole Foods ad every two weeks with recipes and stuff, so that's what it makes me think of.

What's Cooking?

I like What's Cooking, but both of the DC ones are good as well. So I am not sure which one I like the best, but I choose What's Cooking. I think that the DC ones don't sound as "homey" I guess I could say. But any of them would work, just as long as I get to read it.:)

I voted for "A Taste of DC." I was originally going to vote for "What's Cooking?" but I am subscribed to a few cooking e-zines and 3 of them are already called that... LOL.

I believe I recieve a magazine thru Kraft that is titled "Whats Cooking" sooooo Im going for "A Taste of DC"...but "A Little Taste of DC" is nummy too.....or "A Nibble of The Great DC" or...........

mudbug said:
I don't care what it's called. Just keep it comin'

lol, 'bug's often spoken quote in a bar...:cool:

when asked what's her favourite drink, she replies "my next one. you buyin'?"

Back
Top Bottom