We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many of her recipes became family favorites in my home. I will definitely miss her contributions here. I didn't know her but by her posts and she was absolutely lovely to everyone. God bless you Kadesma and your family.

You will be missed.

We were touched by your being and now we are all touched by an Angel.

Godspeed Kadesma.

:(

Just an idea; Could we open a permanent thread with legacy recipes from those who were with us, and no longer are? I will help look up posts, and copy and paste recipes from the old threads to the new one. That way, those who visit DC can benefit from people who were so giving, like Kadesma.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We've sent some flowers to CJs family on behalf of the DC family. I know they cannot really ease their hearts but at least they will know that there are many arms around her memory.

Thank you, Janet, Mods and Admins.

We've sent some flowers to CJs family on behalf of the DC family. I know they cannot really ease their hearts but at least they will know that there are many arms around her memory.

Thank you DC owner and management.

Just an idea; Could we open a permanent thread with legacy recipes from those who were with us, and no longer are? I will help look up posts, and copy and paste recipes from the old threads to the new one. That way, those who visit DC can benefit from people who were so giving, like Kadesma.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Great minds Chief, I started one just now. I didn't see your post, nor can I make it permanent, but its there for us to post our favorite links. Here it is...

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/favorite-kadesma-recipes-88098.html#post1323810

CJ loved her family and we were all lucky enough to be included in her heart. To her family, know that she holds a very special place here and we will miss her every day. She loved you dearly and we could feel her beam when she spoke of you. What a gift she was to so many.

Kadesma

I was sitting here, thinking about my mother, and thought of this site that she loved so dearly. I joined quite a while ago but never came back. I felt it was her own private family that she needed to enjoy on her own. I've heard countless stories about many of you, though. She loved you all. Felt your pain and your joys. I came today in case the email my father sent didn't reach someone from this group. I knew you would want to know the news. I am happy that I did. It is clear that she touched many of you the way you touched her. I cried reading each post. Thank you for loving her. Her grandchildren are devastated. They are still too young to understand that she is in a better place. We are all heartbroken. She was such a loving and generous person. Unfortunately, the cooking gene was not passed on to her children! Thank you for your kind words.
Gina Poggi (Ma's youngest child)

Gina, I hope knowing how much your mother meant to so many people who only knew her virtually gives you a small measure of comfort at this difficult time.

Last edited:
I didn't see this thread or hear the news til just now. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. My condolences to her family and multitude of friends. I will miss her posts and her kindness so much. RIP, Kadesma!

Gina,

Thank you for sharing your Ma with us. She has taught me a lot and I treasure the moments we had together in e-mail and here at DC.

CJ loved her family and we were all lucky enough to be included in her heart. To her family, know that she holds a very special place here and we will miss her every day. She loved you dearly and we could feel her beam when she spoke of you. What a gift she was to so many.

kitchenelf, it's nice to see you back, although I'm sorry it's under sad circumstances. I hope all is well with you and yours.

What a shock to come on the forum after a long absence to read this about my friend, Kadesma. Both of us being known as 'CJ' kind of formed a special quick bond when I was first active.

Just looked in Master Cook and I have lots of recipes/ideas from her that I treasure - especially her Smoked Tomato Dip. RIP, dear cook friend.

I just found the thread and got the news. I'm not sure what to say except I am very very sad and she will be missed.

Hello everyone! This is Kadesma's other daughter, Erica. I am the mom of Cade and Carson. I saw that one of you had a picture of my mom with Cade when he was a little guy. She really did cherish her grandkids. All of your words here on this thread has meant the world to me. Knowing that my mother touched so many lives in such a positive way is something that I cannot even describe. She loved this site and I have heard many stories about all of you. Thank you for being a warm, caring, welcoming family that my mom was so happy to be a part of, and also for remembering her in such a touching way. Each person's post brought tears to my eyes. :)
Erica Middaugh

Back
Top Bottom