We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now Cat and company are on the Catina 2 in the Black Sea and it seems the satellite connections are pretty dodgy at best. She and Carl pretty much let the crew try to email their families.

They do have a satellite phone on Catina 2 and again, she lets the crew use it. Apparently it's pretty expensive. When they do get to a port, she calls me on her cell if they have time.

Carl is learning the businesses and the boat, Cat is running the show now. Her dad has officially retired and he's along for training them.

In Cat's notebook, she made several references to Kadesma and her recipes. Cat also said that when she passed, this: "I hope people will remember me as fondly as they do KM. This is a testament to a life which is well lived."

Amen, Cat.

how long will they be out to sea?

eta: forgive me for asking in kads' thread.

Last edited:
I'm wondering that too, bucky.

Thank you for the update on Cat, CCL. It makes me a little nervous to open this thread, to be honest :ermm:, I'm glad to hear things are going well for her and Carl and that she keeps in touch with you. :) Hopefully she'll check in when she is able.

I think it's okay. Cat adored Kadesma and many of you, so in a way, this is a tribute to Kadesma. She'll check in when she is able.

Everything is fine with them, and as I look here to Cat's words, I'll say again I wish I had known Kadesma. Cat printed a photo someone had posted of Kadesma and it's folded and put in her notebook.

Kadesma looks lovely and full of life. You can see by her sweet face a precious soul, and she was loved.

I'm so very sorry you all lost her, but she lives still; she lives among her recipes and the ones she loves and those who love her.

No one is really ever gone as long as we remember them.

Oh, they will be out for a while; weeks more. But Kadesma's recipes and so many of your recipes are sustaining the crew and their old cook, Gizzi, loves the recipes and they have worked wonderfully, from what I hear.

Kadesma's recipes and all of your other recipes are tried and true, and Cat is very, very proud of her new cookbook for the Catina 2.

I think all of you should be proud too. I have kept some of Kadesma's recipes as well, and I have tried 2 of them with fantastic results.

For me, she's a foolproof cook, yay! Bless her.

Shining Star

The angels looked down from heaven one night
They searched for miles afar,
And deep within the distance
They could see a shining star.

They knew that very instant
That the star was theirs to gain,
So they took you up to heaven
Forever to remain.

Look down on us from heaven
Keep us free from hurt and pain,
You'll always be within my heart
Until we meet again.
Anonymous

DC lost a shining star this morning. Our dear, sweet kadesma died early this morning Pacific Time and will leave an indelible impression on many of us.

View attachment 19944

She was a gentle lady who graced DC with her presence in the fall of 2004 and management, in its wisdom, made her a part of the management team in August of 2006. She was a wise woman and a fine judge of character.

As was evidenced by her posts, her family (especially her grandchildren) was what made her go and filled her heart.

Those of us who had the honor to work alongside her will be forever changed and enriched. We all loved her.

I am sorry to be the bearer of this sad news but she would want all her family here at DC celebrate her life.

So...let's say, "Glad to have known you, Shining Star!"
I am so sad to see this. I've been away a long time. Kadesma was my favorite cooks here, I loved her recipes and her inspiration, and I could tell, as could everyone else, that she was a special person. Rest in peace, dear Kadesma.

Just saw this. I haven't checked into DC for many years. I'm so sorry to hear about Kadesma's passing. May she be at peace.

Just saw this. I haven't checked into DC for many years. I'm so sorry to hear about Kadesma's passing. May she be at peace.

I remember you. Good to hear from you again. You may remember me as Goodweed of the North. Due to some thinking I was referring to substances that I don't use, and pressure from one of my children, I changed the name to Chief Longwind of the North. It fits me.:LOL:

Hope to hear more from you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom