We need Press Badges!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
How about this? If we can be "official representatives" of DiscussCooking we could report on food-related events in our local area, get the behind-the-scenes look at what happens during these events, etc. And of course there's always the possibilty of free food samples! Eh, eh? :brows:

DampCharcoal said:
How about this? If we can be "official representatives" of DiscussCooking we could report on food-related events in our local area, get the behind-the-scenes look at what happens during these events, etc. And of course there's always the possibilty of free food samples! Eh, eh? :brows:

free entry, free samples, I would vote for it DC, good idea.

Yeah, I've seen sites that do those formats.

One site has a premium subscription for members for like $20. (helps fund the site) they get a few more perks to the site. They get to write reviews about places they visit, along with other perks.

Another is a guy who goes arouns and writes reviews about places he eats at. Holly Eats, anyone familiar with him?

Holly Eats

Rainee said:
Another is a guy who goes arouns and writes reviews about places he eats at. Holly Eats, anyone familiar with him?

Holly Eats
I believe actually that Holly is a woman. She is a member over at eGullet.

I stand corrected. I always got the impression that she was a woman, but I guess he is not.

DampCharcoal said:

I like the idea! But, only available to paid-up subscribers for $10 plus $17.50 S&H. :ROFLMAO:

Now ... we get into marketing a whole line of DC stuff! Two lines ... one for "official representatives" and one line for the other folks .... basically the same thing but one says "official representative" and the other doesn't. T-Shirts, Tank-Tops, Caps, Aprons, Coffee Cups, Beer Glasses, and Patches you can sew on your favorite jacket. Heck, this could expand into Can Cozies, Key Rings, and Watches with the DC logo on the face ... and who knows what else?

If Andy is smart .... he'll hold off changing the DC logo for a year until all faithful DC members buy some stuff ... then change the logo ... so we will have to go buy NEW stuff to have the new logo!!! :whistling

How about this one Bucky ... a watch with dual timers?
Leather coasters embossed with the DC logo?

Humm .. how about ... little balls to stick on your car antenna with the DC guy instead of the Jacn-N-Box guy?

I've got a day off in a couple of days .... maybe I can come up with more items we could market to support DC!

Drat - forgot the good one I had the other night ... put the member status/ranking on the t-Shirts, etc .... then as you move up from dishwasher, to busboy, to executive chef you keep buying a new shirt with your status. And, I totally forgot "golf" style shirts ...

You know ... I could get crazy with this marketing thing ... :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom